Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$68
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$68
TravelocityUS$68
1,444 results
All reviews city centre train station breakfast was included sofa bed excellent location self service reception staff room was spotless stayed here for one night car parking following morning newcastle
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

Positives:

Staff are friendly. Special mention to Bobby who was very helpful and friendly.
Location.
Dog friendly and a very sweet little doggy gift bag was provided.

Negatives:

Cleanliness. Room and Bathroom was not up to standard at all. Yes we could have complained but we arrived late and knew there was unlikely any cleaning staff around. We also expected all the other rooms would be the same.
Breakfast was poor - cheap, nasty sausages.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PTW7
Guest Relations, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Hi PTW7

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review, We are sorry you felt like your room was not up to our normal standards, we hope this does not deteer your mind to stay with us again.

Kind Regards
Leah

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Great hotel with friendly staff. We were able to check-in early thanks to Michael at reception who was very helpful.
The room itself was clean and the facilities were great. The blue light in the bathroom was a nice touch!
Breakfast was great and very COVID safe. Everything was portioned out and in bowls to take away to your table or , if preferred, in a bag to take up to your room. Tables also allowed for social distancing and staff members were on top of table cleaning.
Wouldn’t usually leave reviews but on this occasion I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Newcastle.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HiJTags13

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review,
We are glad you really enjoyed your time with us and will pass on your kind comments to Michael.

In these uncertain times the cleanliness and COVID 19 measures are our number one priority and very happy you have felt safe and secure with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Leah

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is okay however could be so much better with little effort.

Location is good on the edge of the city centre, ten minutes from most attractions, shopping, restaurant and bars plus the main railway station.

Welcome was instructive rather than friendly, the attitude of we have done this for you and be happy about it...

The room was reasonable yet a little tired, the bed was comfortable yet the sofa far from; the television was dated and gave poor picture quality. The WiFi was slow, the air conditioning was loud and inefficient, the lack of bedside power frustrating.

Breakfast was very disappointing, the excuse given was Covid guidelines preventions; does this excuse the lack of a breakfast stable of orange juice, the coffee being terrible (only black Nescafé on offer) the bacon and sausage rolls being no more than lukewarm (staff informing that this was the best you could expect), lack of social distancing by staff and no crowd control in the breakfast area, if you wish to halt cross contamination and Covid touch points, you would have juice boxes not free flow apple juice, touch button coffee machine, lids handle access to the lukewarm rolls, I could go on.

All in all a very average and sometimes disappointing experience at this Express, that the management did not want to hear about.

Cannot recommend.

Sorry to say much better hotels for the same price in Newcastle.

Room tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chris-anthony-uk
Guest Relations, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Dear chris-anthony-uk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sure you understand that all feedback is valuable to us. It is disappointing to read you were not happy with the current covid restrictions we have in place as well as some of the amenities in the hotel. Rest assured we strive for quality in all aspects of the hotel and on this occasion I am sorry we have fallen short.

Kind regards

Reception

Reviewed 23 March 2021

I stayed overnight as I had a hospital appointment, a check-up at the Transplant Clinic at The Freeman Hospital. All the staff were helpful but particularly, Derek went out of his way to help me find the hotel, and gave information on parking. He had also called a couple of weeks previously to check the reason for my trip, which shows that this chain is taking Covid seriously.

I found the hotel spotless and had a solid night's sleep. I also enjoyed an evening walk in the area. The breakfast the following morning was excellent and well-organised. I collected my tray at an agreed time, having chosen the previous evening, and ate in my room. If this is the future of hotel breakfasts, I'm 100% ok with that because for years I've decried the poor quality of hygiene among the British public at self-service.

Room tip: All rooms pretty similar but ask, the staff are very accommodating
Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank TrevorHall
Guest Relations, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Dear TrevorHall,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I am super pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular that the hotel was spotless as during these difficult times, this is of the upmost importance. I know Derek will be thrilled with your kind comments too!

We hope to welcome you back to hotel soon, although, hopefully under better circumstances

Kindest regards

Andrew H.

Reviewed 27 November 2020

Location was good for me, just a short stroll from the main railway station, on the edge of the city centre which meant it was a quiet place to stay however all the attractions and facilities were within a very short walk.

The service I received was nothing short of awesome; friendly, efficient and professional. Felt very welcome and nothing would be too much trouble to make my stay memorable for all the right reasons.

Staying during lockdown meant a lack of a few hotel amenities but this was not an issue and was expected.

The room was very good, well decorated and extremely clean.
The bed was very comfortable with good pillows and duvet encased in high quality crisp linen. Nice black out curtains.
There was a well lit work area, Wi-Fi network was very good, yet the TV was a bit of a letdown.

The bathroom was okay, water pressure was good and towels fluffy.

Covid 19 meant breakfast was grab and go, excellent good ingredients well cooked; all good except for the terrible coffee.

Overall excellent stay and I would highly recommend that you stay at this hotel.

Room tip: ask for a courtyard facing room if you need quiet
Date of stay: November 2020