Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$75
Expedia.comUS$75
travelup.comUS$100
1,435 results
All reviews city centre train station breakfast was included sofa bed excellent location self service reception staff room was spotless stayed here for one night car parking following morning newcastle
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for work.

The hotel is well placed for the city and the staff are very friendly and polite. Check in was straight forward with all COVID-19 precautions in place.

A reduced menu is on offer which is eaten in your room or you can bring in / order in your own food.

There isn’t a hotel car park but you can park in the multi storey next door for about £5 a day.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 August 2020

Dear Mojones3000,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. I know our team will be delighted with your kind comments regarding their service.

We hope to welcome you back to hotel soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Booked 1 night here to go see a show.Very good price,clean but simple hotel and really good central location.Nice indian and Thai restaurants just over the road and a little corner shop nearby too.Friendly ,helpful staff.
Ask for a room on higher floor and at the back of hotel,as they are quieter.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LorraineW1561, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your 5 star review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here with us at The Holiday Inn Express, we aim to offer brilliant customer service to all out guests.

We hope to welcome you back In the future,
Kind Regards
Leah Corkin

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

We turned up to find the whole hotel was a building site with scaffolding and netting covering the whole exterior. When we showed surprise at this on checking in we were told that there was a massive banner across the top of their website telling people about it. Well, there wasn't when we booked and I would argue that there isn't now (it's small and you have to click into it to read it). I was surprised not to have received an email about is as last time when we stayed at the Premier Inn in town they emailed us about building work being carried out and offered a refund which we didn't take but it was nice to be offered.
There were builders in hi-vis right outside our window at 2pm when we checked in, drilling was still going on just before 6pm when we came back to chill before a night out. We were very happy that they didn't start drilling until after 10am on the Saturday morning. We didn't want to open the curtains though!
The reception staff were excellent, Michael in particular being extremely helpful and he did get us a very quiet room, we did swap from the first we were allocated as the window didn't shut very well.
The mattress in the room was very poor. Here's a tip to hotels - if the mattress is so old that you roll into the middle of it then get a new one. A mattress topper isn't going to sort out a mattress that has lost its springs. So I don't have a very good night's sleep as I was constantly rolling around into the middle which isn't great when there's two of you. It's only a double bed too rather than a king so a good mattress is really essential. I mentioned it at reception and again they are very polite and professional and said they would report it. We didn't have breakfast as we needed to try and get more sleep.
We have stayed here before and had a good stay so I am giving a 3 rather than a 2 but we would probably wouldn't stay again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LorraineW1561, Team Leader at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Hello Chris,

Thank you for leaving a review for us, I am sorry to hear the experience you had with us wasn't at a 5 star standard. We are getting necessary work done to the exterior to the hotel, we have set this work as business hours to create the least disturbance as possible to our guests.

I am glad to hear you had a good encounter with our staff and will pass on your kind comments to Michael , We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Leah

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

We have stayed here quite a few times rooms are always clean and comfortable. There was some building work going on at the time we stayed but this wouldn’t put me off going back although I think it could of been better stated when booking a room.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

The first challenge was finding the hotel behind all of the plastic hoarding that they have completely covered the outside with.
The room was comfortable and quiet.
The breakfast, which was included in the very reasonable room rate, was OK.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Hi there, DPR1!

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

I know that you were having trouble finding our hotel. I'm so sorry for all the hassle. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with any of our properties. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future enhancements.

Your feedback will help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

All the best,