All reviews west jesmond metro station freeman hospital osborne road jesmond area parking is limited single room few minutes walk away city centre lots of bars and restaurants friendly hotel good size couple of nights a bit tired quiet location stayed here for two nights family room small room
Reviewed 14 September 2018

A really good, friendly hotel, giving great service from very nice people; and offering very good value. In a beautiful part of Newcastle, and a great choice for a short or a longer stay. Thoroughly deserves its Certificate of Excellence and well worth seeking out.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely welcome from a lady called Susan,she read our requests and gave us a room next to the stairs. She helped us with our luggage,which was greatly appreciated.The room was bright and a good size,with a large comfy bed. There was plenty of cupboards and drawers for our luggage.There was a good hospitality tray. There was also a hairdryer. The bathroom was a good size,with toiletries and good large soft towels. We were allowed to take our dog in to the bar/lounge area,but not into the restaurant. Breakfast was great,plenty of fresh fruit,cereals, yoghurt,pastries and fruit juice. The cooked selection was good too,with the usual suspects,as well as kippers and Eggs Benedict. Everything was tasty and well cooked. We ate evening meal there twice,both nights were excellent and great value. Our dog was made very welcome,which means a lot to us,it was only £15 to have her stay with us. All the staff were really friendly & helpful, ordering taxis,grab & go breakfasts and letting my husband stay later than check out time,as I was having Dialysis,at the local hospital. We would definitely go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
manager127, Manager at Best Western New Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Many thanks for your great review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Just 15 minutes away from the cruise terminal, ideal spot, plenty of parking, good sized room, friendly staff and a good breakfast.
Clean in all areas and good service.
Easy to get to and access for our holiday,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Quick check in and we were lucky to get a parking space as there were only about a dozen. Nice spacious room with good size bathroom. The restaurant was closed as it was the weekend but we had dinner in the bar which was fine although a little cramped. Bed was very comfortable but the first night we hardly slept as the person in the room above was pacing the floor which was very creaky. We mentioned it to reception in the morning to see if the same person was staying a second night. They confirmed they were not and told us we should have called to complain overnight but in this current climate we were afraid to cause an upset. Anyway the second night we slept very well and all was quiet. On check in I explained that I had some BW travel cards to redeem and gave all the information and was told it would be handled. I tried to confirm this on check out and the receptionist informed me she had no knowledge of it so I left her with a printout of the travel cards and she said she would take care of it that day. I also had agreed to express checkout but did not receive an email of the receipt. After a couple of days I called about the express checkout and I did receive a copy of the bill later that day but it took 2 more phone calls to have the travel cards applied. Being a member of the loyalty program is great but to have to chase up the perks is not what should be expected.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Met by lovely staff who were very polite and helpful. No lift so it was hard to manage the stairs with two dogs and a huge suitcase! The room was absolutely tiny but the bathroom was obviously newly renovated with a big bath, sink and toilet. Above the bath we're two shower heads, a rainforest and a more powerful handheld shower which was perfect for use on the dogs after a very smelly manure incident. The area surrounding the hotel was OK but there were some nice walks nearby. I would recommend this hotel for people who want a couple of nights away without breaking the bank. I will be visiting again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple