Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
Expedia.comUS$111
HurbUS$115
eDreamsUS$109
2,853 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant complimentary mini bar mpw restaurant aveda products rainfall shower car park city centre lovely hotel executive room train station front of house reception staff cooked breakfast full english few minutes walk fantastic stay comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2020

We stopped here 2 nights on the dinner bed and breafast basis. It will be our 30th wedding anniversary at the end of the 2nd lockdown. So we brought it forward and decided to come here. And it was absoutly fantastic in every way. Felt very safe as they had everything in place for covid. And from check in to checkout all staff was fantastic went out of there way to make our time here special.The room was beautiful and spotless clean, brilliant shower and lovley comfortable bed. When arriving in room they had wrote on mirror congrat us a lovley touch and sent us up prosseco thank you. The resuaraunt was again fantastic Paige and all staff was fantastic and so attentive.We had set meal i had steak one of the best i have ever had cooked to perfection and thought all the meals were delisious so tasty. As was breafast and we thought the choices was very good under the current circumstances.You had continental items first all pepacked then full cooked breafasts with choices of eggs poached ect, all was lovley. Five stars all the way to everyone at this hotel its the place to go!!. Will defently be back and a big thankyou to everyone for making our 30th wedding anniversary special.X

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Indigo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2020

Hi Trail43548798728,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff managed to make your anniversary celebration extra special. I will pass your kind words on to Paige and the team; positive comments like this really make our day during these times. We can't wait to welcome you back again once we reopen to the public!

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel a few times now and we always come back, we were here again on Friday and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The customer service is impeccable the best I’ve experienced in a hotel, nothing is a trouble. We booked on a dinner bed and breakfast deal, the food was beautiful as were the cocktails. As for COVID it didn’t ruin our stay at all every one was adhering to rules and room was spotless apart from cleaners had forgot the clean the happy anniversary writing off the mirror but didn’t bother us just pretended it was for the anniversary we didn’t get to celebrate during lockdown. But overall brilliant stay as usual, we hope to be back in January for my other half’s 40th.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Indigo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hi 827leighannen,

Thank you for this fantastic review! Your lovely comments really do mean a lot to the team during these uncertain times. I'm glad you keep returning to us, and that COVID didn't change the enjoyment of the experience.
My apologies about the mirror message not being removed. But what a lovely way to look at it, Happy Belated Anniversary!
We can't wait to welcome you back again in January.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

I made a booking with these guys and cancelled it. Despite assurances from their front of house that the cancellation had gone through, they charged my credit card and are now claiming no knowledge of cancellation.

I would avoid them...

Date of stay: October 2020
Hotel Indigo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Dear Jackq1
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to say we have no record of you calling the hotel to cancel your booking. Every cancelled booking gets it own unique cancellation number that we give to the guest and as you are unable to give us your cancellation number we are unable to help as this booking became a non arrival. As per IHG policy, non-arrivals are charged the first night of their stay. You did talk to the hotel after we had charged you for this booking and I am so sorry I had to end the call sharply because of your inappropriate language. I did ask several times for your cancellation number and who you spoke to so that I could look into this for you but you were unable to give the number to me. I do hope this clears things up for you about why we charged you for this booking.
Many thanks
David

Reviewed 22 October 2020

Unfortunately I only stayed for one night on business. Great location. Very clean throughout,awesome meal at the restaurant. COVID measures taken and made me feel very safe.
Room was very quiet and had a lovely breakfast the following morning.
I am definitely coming back for a couple of days to explore Newcastle!

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Indigo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Hi ridleycharles,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us!
I'm glad our COVID measure made you felt safe during your stay, and that you enjoyed your stay as a whole.
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 October 2020

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable with a great shower, and the desk staff friendly and helpful. But oh my goodness the worst vegan breakfast I have ever had, with surly waiter to boot. I appreciate steakhouses arent designed for vegans but as we were paying for bed and breakfast would have thought a hotal chain in a city had encountered a vegan before and could have managed better than a couple of pieces of dry toast and a thimbleful of beans (the vegan cooked breakast)! Shame on you Marco Pierre!

Date of stay: September 2020
Hotel Indigo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Good evening,

Thank you for the good review for the hotel - I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite the breakfast food. I have forwarded on your concerns to the restaurant manager in order to investigate what went wrong during your stay. I hope you still choose to stay with us in the future as you seem to have enjoyed the other aspects of your stay.

Kind regards,