“Very Overated.”

Ranked #108 of 1,331 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Solomons Has been established since 1992 and is a family run business providing exceptional Punjabi & Kashmiri Indian Cuisine and quality of service second to none. We would like to welcome you to experience our rich and opulent surroundings with your family and friends Our menu has a great selection of authentic Halal food from the Indian Punjabi and Kashmiri Regions with an excellent choice of vegetarian food. We pride ourselves in using the finest ingredients, cooked to perfection, ensuring a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

For years I have heard how wonderful the food was at this restaurant so we ordered our first delivery from here last night (5/4/2018). It was delivered well within the 45 minutes and we opened the bag with great expectation. My wife had ordered Onion Bahji and a portion of chips. Her Onion Bahjis of which there were two both looked burnt and when cut open were dry inside and her chips were hard. She suspects both were just re-heated and not cooked fresh. Anyway inedible. I ordered Chicken Korma and a Mushroom Pilau rice. For some reason the Mushroom Pilau rice had large slices of Mushroom in it which when eaten were very slimy and did not taste very nice. Consequently I left most of the rice and half of the chicken as I had been put off by the slimy Mushroom. We were going to ring up and complain but decided against us as they may have sent out more food. Back to Rajnagar restaurant I think.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal and friendly staff clean restaurant food was perfect will certainly be back value for money very efficient

SolomonsGroup, Public Relations Manager at Solomons Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you so much Barbara T, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Had a great night fantastic food great service and very welcoming i must if you want a good night out

SolomonsGroup, Public Relations Manager at Solomons Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you so much for the kind review Denise! We are really happy to hear your enjoyed your evening with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Solomons Dhaba is one of the gems of the West End. I always feel a little envious when passing by and looking in as I see diners laughing and chatting whilst sharing a meal; the setting looks so welcoming. However, tonight was my turn to experience the Dhaba and it lived up to its reputation as being one of the best eateries in Newcastle. Customer service is great here and staff are only too happy to help.

Our meal was superb. The flavours of the spices and vegetables all came through in my meal and weren't masked by chilli. None of the dishes were greasy, as can sometimes be experienced with this type of cuisine.

I had a garlic mushroom puri to start. It's the first time I've tried this dish, but I'll definitely try it again. The size of the portion was larger than I expected and the flavours and textures were spot on. I had a vegetable dhansak with pilau rice, accompanied by tarka dhal and aloo gobi. All were delicious and were good sized portions.

Having tried tarka dhal from a variety of restaurants across Newcastle, Solomons Dhaba offers the best. The texture is just right (others offer a runny, gruel-like dhal), with just the right amount of garlic. Tarka dhal is one of life's pleasures and I take it very seriously!

My 9 year old son had his favourite chicken tikka rogan. This is yet another plus point for this restaurant - consistency. We've found that the same dish can vary each time when visiting other restaurants, and here, it's always very similar. While this might not matter too much to an adult, it's important for children to know they can trust that they'll have the same meal; one that's not too spicy. I've just got to convince my 4 year old that she's missing out!

Whether sitting down to dine or ordering a takeaway, Solomons Dhaba will exceed your expectations.

SolomonsGroup, Public Relations Manager at Solomons Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Wow!! Thank you so much for the amazing review Taymar! Your kind words are really appreciated and we really hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Lovely little restaurant. Fantastic Indian food. Great value. Could go there time after time. Staff are so nice and helpful.

SolomonsGroup, Public Relations Manager at Solomons Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hi Margot526 thank you for the review! We are really pleased to hear you enjoy dining with us and we hope to see you again soon.