3,010 results
All reviews millennium bridge bridge view corner suite afternoon tea mini bar sunday lunch cooked breakfast an upgrade superior room lovely hotel car park birthday treat a lovely stay hotel bar lovely room public areas bars and restaurants
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Really friendly staff when greeted on arrival, was made to feel really welcome.

Room was lovely and cleaned to a high standard. Everything you could think of was there at hand from the minibar, free toiletries and even some sky channels. Bed was really comfy, big fluffy quilt and pillows so you get a good night sleep. The rooms also offer some great views of the river.

We didn’t have dinner but had breakfast which was really nice. Everything well presented and really tasty. Also very reasonably priced and the service is 5*.

If you are traveling to this great city I would highly recommend booking this hotel. You certainly get what you pay for and more.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cuttzy84
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear cuttzy84,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It’s a pleasure to read your comments following your recent stay. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to our team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Newcastle again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This hotel delivers! We stayed on a Sunday night to attend a gig at the Sage, a mere walk over the bridge. Car parking is very conveniently located behind the hotel and at a rock bottom rate, the view from our room was stunning and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The only comment I will make .. the room service menu was very sparse with what was on offer and also about to stop serving, I rang at 10.20pm on a Sunday which is not overly late when returning from an event.

Room Tip: River view overlooking the bridge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy T

Dear Wendy T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It’s lovely to read that you’ve had a great time with us before the gig at the Sage. We are very lucky with the views from our rooms.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic hotel! My husband and I stayed for one night. All staff were courteous and the staff in the restaurant are very attentive without being intrusive (served by two guys both called Callum I believe). Continental breakfast included in our room price, one of the waiters saw I was running out of milk for my coffee and before I could even put the empty jar down a full one was placed on the table!

The food in the brasserie was superb serving a selection catering for most tastes. We had a millennium bridge view room. Luxurious and spacious with a double window aspect, very clean with comfortable beds. Room 403 on the 4th floor. No street noise at all.

Overall a lovely experience, we will definitely book again if we find ourselves in Newcastle and will probably try one of their other hotels too.

The only very minor issues I could find were low lighting in the room and we couldn’t book ahead as we wanted only 1 night, their website said 3 night stay minimum (in the middle of the week?) As the days went on it decreased to a 2 night minimum. We left it to the day before and as they haven’t filled the room it allowed us to book for a single night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geanie84
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Geanie84,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very positive review.

It’s lovely to read that you found our staff to be attentive and helpful. It’s also great to read that you found the brasserie food to be superb.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed the views from your room and found the rooms to be very spacious, clean and comfortable.

I’m sorry to read that there was a restriction on booking another night, but i'm so glad that this was lifted and that you were able to stay with us for the 2nd night.

Thank you again for your complimentary review and we look forward to welcoming you to Malmaison Newcastle again soon.

King regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

One night stay whilst travelling in the North East with friends. The Sandgate car park where Malmaison have reserved parking proved to be just opposite the hotel. I have stayed in a Malmaison previously so was used to the quirky styling of the brand. My three fellow travellers soon commented, positively, on the styling. Both couples had picked river view rooms and we were all impressed with both the rooms and the view they offered. Must comment on the comfort and quality of the beds and pillows...great nights sleep. Good breakfast served by some of the friendliest and characterful staff I have ever encountered in a hotel. Great stay. Happy to recommend and will certainly stay again if spending time in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Selebian2014
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Selebian2014,

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review.

It’s lovely to read that you and your friends had such a great time with us recently. I will be sure you pass your comments on to our team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Newcastle on your next visit and once again thank you for your positive comments.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Had a one night stay at the Malmaison on a recent trip to make the most of some good food and cocktails in the city. The hotel was very nice overall and staff very helpful - particularly in the brasserie at breakfast (which, I must say, was delicious!); front desk staff were a bit more variable. The Millennium Bridge View room was worth upgrading to - it was very relaxing watching the bridge change colours at night, and the river views at sunrise were spectacular. The beds were extremely comfortable and the in-room coffee of a high quality, which was great. The room amenities overall, however, were 3 star standard - acceptable if staying on a good rate, likely very disappointing if not. Location on the Quayside fantastic - so much so that we decided to make the most of the nearby restaurants and bars, rather than eat at the hotel. All in all, the hotel served as a solid base for our trip and excelled in providing a lovely breakfast, comfortable accommodation and superb River views.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Champagnecosmo
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Champagnecosmo,

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review.

It’s lovely to read that you had such a great stay in one of our river view rooms. I will be sure to pass your kind comments regarding breakfast on to our chef.