Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$65
PricelineUS$65
Hotels.comUS$65
FindHotelUS$95
eDreamsUS$65
StayForLongUS$97
All reviews bar downstairs basic room night porter fantastic hotel would stay again newcastle
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

Great hotel and friendly staff .Great location and easy for Metro station and bus to city .
No lift in hotel but don’t let this put you off .Loads of eating places nearby .Also close to 2 supermarkets and on your doorstep is the fantastic Jestmond Dene .
Jestmond has quite a few designer shops to .

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2020

I booked into this hotel for 8 nights whilst waiting for my new home to be ready to move into. I called the hotel direct and was given an excellent price with no extra charge for my dog to stay with me.

On arrival I was met by the hotel owner who took my to my room. He had taken great consideration into which room would be best suited as to not disrupt the dog. We were given room 7.

The room itself has everything you need. Comfortable beds, plenty of hot water and it was very clean. There is a heater and a fan also (the fan was well used due to the warm weather).

Breakfast was brought to the room on a nightly basis due to Covid. I was given porridge, fruit and orange juice.

The room was cleaned and fresh towels provided, not everyday but again this was due to Covid and there was no need for me to have clean sheets every day.

The staff are all lovely and always said hi.

On my final night they also brought up treats for the dog which was such a thoughtful touch.

I honestly could not rate my stay high enough. For a weeks stay it has been incredibly friendly and comfortable and should I ever need to stay somewhere in Newcastle again I wouldn’t hesitate to book the Kenilworth.

Thank you to the staff, it’s been great

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2019

Had a good stay here with no problems.friendly staff..beds were very comfy and warm rooms.breakfast was nice and hot in the morning,clean and tidy room.we only stayed one night so can’t really say a lot.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2019

Ruined birthday weekend. Rude lying Manager. Avoid avoid avoid unless you want to be disappointed & lied to. maybe next time you take a booking...let your wife know eh! Double booking it seems is a regular occurrence.

Too late to book another hotel due to concert so lost all there coach fair. Young girls who had saved hard. Shameful management!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa H
sfh66, Owner at Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

This review is wholly inaccurate. Written by the mother of a guest who was booked into another hotel, knew about it and was happy to accept this with plenty of notice.
We do not appreciate being called liars and we're not sure why someone who has never even made a booking with us feels entitled to be so rude but we guess some people just like looking for problems.

Reviewed 18 November 2019

We stayed for 2 nights for a hen weekend. Bar downstairs fantastic, breakfast was lovely and the rooms are very comfortable. There are a few stairs but we didn't mind. Clean rooms and perfect location for us. Second time staying here so would be back again. They do have a night porter who was a tad annoying about noise etc when we were very quiet, wee spoke to the owners and they were lovely.

Date of stay: November 2019