Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$97
TravelocityUS$98
Trip.comUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2019

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Newcastle for WoolNEss 2019. Basic accommodation, en-suite needed some attention and the extractor fan didn’t work.
Breakfast was basic and used tinned tomatoes rather than fresh, always a minus point in my eyes. Owner/host friendly and helpful but travelling as a single woman I don’t think I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2018

Compared to city centre chain hotels the Avenue was inexpensive. The room was very small, and the bathroom was tiny. It was clean and the manager was friendly. We wanted a warm and clean place to sleep - nothing more - and we got that with breakfast included.

Room tip: Some rooms are up 3 or 4 flights of stairs, not a problem for me but be aware!
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

What a Lovely B&B, everyone we came across was polite, friendly and helpful. Place was spotless, bed really comfy, breakfast good. Shower nice and powerful and plenty of hot water. Great value for money!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here so we could go to a gig I the city. It’s a lovely quiet B and B, very friendly people running it, who wee very helpful too. Good choices at breakfast and lovely clean rooms.
The are is nice too so if you stay take a wander around and explore.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank wleb13
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Mr T Junior and I have just had a lad's weekend here for beer, Jazz and vinyl hunting - and this B & B was the perfect base for it. It is a ten minute walk from either Jesmond or West Jesmond metro station - and if you don't fancy that stroll, then the local taxis are cheap as chips (well...they are in comparison to what we have to put up with in the Preston area.). It is a joy to come to Newcastle for the friendly people and the affordable transport. This Hotel is a large end of terrace B & B with parking in the street. It is simply furnished - very clean - and run by Steve and a lady who was very nice, but I forgot to get her name. How rude is that? T Jnr and I were right at the top of the house on the 3rd floor in a twin room and joy of joys with a grandstand view of Jesmond Cricket Ground. In fact I watched part of a match sat on the edge of my bed. I was just short of a can of beer to make it perfect. The room was just the job, nice and clean with a telly on the wall with the worst digital reception I have ever seen. Good luck with that.. But you will be going out won't you? The en-suite shower was nice and spacious ( unlike some I have stayed in when I felt like I was wearing a very wet overcoat.) Or is it because I have got a bit bigger in middle age? Perhaps. There's even a shower gel dispenser - although the last time I came across soap like that, I was at school. Still - that's one less thing to pack isn't it?. Free wi-fi with a good strong signal pleased Jnr. Beds were very comfortable and on each landing is a decent sized ironing board and iron (who doesn't like a sharp crease when you are right by a cricket ground?). Breakfast was a proper one too. None of that continental muck, it was a full English or whatever combination of eggs toast and bacon you wanted to specify, and tea in a pot with a jug of milk. None of the pre-packed stuff. The rooms have brewing up facilities and tea and coffee and once again if you want a jug of milk they will give you one.Parking outside is by permit....but Steve has them for just £1 a day. Steve is such a nice fella too and is the fount of all knowledge local. At £70 a night all in, it represents fantastic value. And there is no shortage of eateries to suit every taste in the locale. I recommend two very good Indian restaurants at West Jesmond: (1) The Dabbawal Street Food Kitchen on 1 Brentwood Avenue, NE2 3DH and (2) one a few doors away called The Komal. In front of West Jesmond Metro is a good pub called The Lonsdale. Good ales and a good atmosphere for a newish pub. I will be staying at this B & B again the next trip to Newcastle for sure.

Date of stay: August 2017