We stayed at this hotel and had good impressions on arrival with a nice modern reception area. We were also pleased with our room which was large and clean. Although the children were sharing a double bed which we have not had to do in other Holiday Inns. However this was not a large problem.
We were a bit disappointed in the pool area. This is an unmanned health club. Changing rooms are tiny. The pool area was ok but had no jacuzzi.
We ate at the hotel restaurant that night and were pleased with the meal and the children's meal was also of a good quality.
The main problem was that this seemed like a base for hen/stag/ruby/party groups and the bar area was very noisy and quite intimadating as many people were very drunk before going into Newcastle. This problem continued when we returned to our room as we could hear a group doing what seemed like kareoke in the room above, preventing our children from sleeping. We also were woken at 4:30 am and kept awake by groups returning from Newcastle. In the rooms above people were shouting and singing and running up and down the corridor.
This continued on the Saturday night and I heard another couple complaining about vomit in the corridor at the foot of the stairs.
Although the bed was comfortable, I would be hesitant to return to this hotel as it felt as though it didn't cater to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded 4 Stars in 2016 we are proud also to say that our leisure club has completed a full refurbishment and is ready for you to enjoy. News update that Wi-Fi is now Free. With 151 4 Star spacious bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, Tea & Coffee making facilities, telephones, remote control flatscreen TV and hairdryer. Some rooms have walk-in showers. Should you require an even higher standard of comfort, the hotel has 40 Executive bedrooms offering an excellent range of luxuries to make your stay that bit more special. In April & May 2013 our lounge, restaurant, bar and toilets had a full refurbishment - check out our photos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn