Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$75
Hotels.comUS$75
Expedia.comUS$75
HurbUS$78
Agoda.comUS$75
StayForLongUS$101
1,038 results
All reviews city centre metro station free car parking osborne road reception staff comfortable hotel mini bar comfy bed jesmond fridge newcastle university ihg heating quayside
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020

Firstly lets start by saying COVID19 measures were well implemented here.

Pleasant reception staff, who assisted us on our second night when we arrived back to find no parking spaces so they directed us to the place next door where were able to leave our vehicle.

Reasonable run-of-the-mill breakfasts though the nice ladies had no concept of someone vegetarian wanting scrambled and fried egg!

Decent bedroom at back of hotel down a warren of corridors but quiet, great bathroom and shower.

For a city centre hotel from a big brand, this was at the better end of expectations.

Room tip: The front road is pretty busy (it is the 'coast' road) so the ones at the back are much quieter I would expect.
2  Thank really_razamataz
Reviewed 23 September 2020

I booked a room for two nights during an IHG sale, so got a great price. For the price I paid, it was fantastic value.

Check in was pleasant enough - they seem to only have one person on duty on a Sunday afternoon/evening shift, so there was always a short queue at reception. The receptionist claimed to have given me a 'nice large room', but if room 255 is one of their best, I dread to think what some of the others are like. Not much natural light, as the window is in a hidden corner, and getting past the bed/wardrobe is awkward as the space is so narrow. Saying that though, I had a fantastic sleep and the shower is beautiful - hot and powerful. The provided toiletries are nice too.

I didn't realise the hotel was so close to the city centre when I booked - very handy. There's a Metro station very nearby, but we just walked into town and the quayside. It's great that parking is free, but car park was almost full on the Monday evening. Could only squeeze in next to someone who'd taken up a space and a bit - good job I've got a small car. I think I'd rather pay for parking if it meant more chance of finding a space.

Breakfast and bar were ok - I was relieved to find they're still serving full breakfast, but you just order what you want instead of the old buffet style. Service at breakfast was friendly and efficient . Food was absolutely delicious on first morning - thanks to the chef. Must've had a different person on duty the next day, but still acceptable.

We found it a good location for getting out in the car and exploring nearby areas as well, on main roads out of town within a few minutes.

This was my first trip since Covid-19 arrived, and felt pretty safe and well cared for. Restrictions didn't affect my trip much at all.

2  Thank Terry D
Reviewed 15 September 2020

I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel, they really made the difference - from the General Manager down. It is clearly a well used hotel but despite that it is well maintained and all the staff seem to go the extra mile to make you fell welcome & at home. Thank you everyone.

Reviewed 29 August 2020 via mobile

On the whole it was a good stay.
The room was clean. Good WiFi.
Comfortable bed. Pillows a bit lumpy. Mi
The service at dinner was very slow.
It took 2 hours 30 minutes from beginning to end. Food was good, but slow service.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2020

Great value stay close to the city center, with FREE PARKING.
have stayed here before and is an excellent mid budget choice.
Chose to add in Breakfast this time, and while no buffet on offer due to Covid, the table service was excellent, in particular Carmen who was attentive, pleasant and always smiling, what a great staff member

Room tip: higher rooms to the side are best
Date of stay: August 2020