Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Priceline
US$78
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$102
US$71
SAVE US$31
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
Expedia.comUS$71
FindHotelUS$71
StayForLongUS$102
All reviews peel hotels executive room osborne road city centre afternoon tea coach tour glass of prosecco hotel bar jesmond wedding newcastle
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2020

We cannot thank the hotel enough for their help during 2 visits, excellent breakfasts and meals but let down twice when the restaurant wasn't open on two nights resulting in having to find alternative venues. Particular praise to the night receptionist when my wife was taken ill and needed to go to hospital, his helf was invauable.
The hotel is very clean. good value and idealy positioned.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quiter
Reviewed 1 March 2020

On 29 February 12 of us had booked to stay for the night here. The hotel is 1.7 miles £8.40 from train station. On arrival, check in was easy and staff very helpful. The room was clean and spacious with a tv, kettle clean towels and comfy pillows. The only slight issue, was the key cards didn’t work first time but a couple of swipes and you was in. Toiletries are provided in shower, and biscuits with your brew kit. The staff I couldn’t fault at all, ordering taxis into town which was on time to the breakfast in the morning which was plentiful and tasty. All in all a great location, friendly hotel and I would definitely use it again when I’m back for the football. Well done to all involved. And thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed Sat night for Valentines treat from hubby checked in lovely friendly girl on reception room was lovely comfy bed everything you needed lovely and warm on such an awful stormy night and I was so pleased to find a small fan in the wardrobe as I sleep with one beside my bed at home so that was a bonus bottle of wine in cooler left in room was nice touch has afternoon tea as part of the package served by lovely friendly girl and it was beautiful sandwiches and cakes so tasty glass of Prosecco as well had very early breakfast on Sunday morning as had to leave to get home for grandparent babysitting duties so just had fruit and toast and coffee all in all had perfect stay and big shout out to all the very hardworking staff who had very long busy days late nights and early starts and still managed to stay so cheerful once home realised I had left my fone charger in room rang up and housekeeping had handed it in to reception and as we pass by hotel on way home from work popped in and it was in an envelope waiting for me big thankyou to everyone for a lovely stay

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sand62
Reviewed 16 February 2020

My husband and I spent a night here when attending a friend's wedding near by.
The room decor was strange- everything above the carpet was lovely and modern,decorated in grey and white, but the carpet had a bright,multi-coloured design that looked like it should be in a children's play room.
Other good points- the bed was really comfy,plenty of pillows were provided. The radiator was powerful,we got back after midnight during 'Storm Dennis' and the room was quickly lovely and warm, it was also easy to control the heat and turn it down once we were warm enough. The shower was powerful and hot.There was an iron, ironing board plus tea, coffee, hot chocolate,sugar,milk,biscuits and toiletries.Lots of towels were provided and they were a decent size. Good selection at breakfast, the cooked items especially were lovely.

Bad points: Bath could have been cleaner, carpet was worn in places and coffee at breakfast was far too strong to really be drinkable.

Reviewed 8 February 2020

I would completely recommend The Caledonian for an afternoon tea. We were a big group but our booking was managed with ease. The staff were excellent, both during the booking process and during the meal. Thank you for looking after us so well.

The food itself was plentiful, fresh and delicious. We all said how much we'd enjoyed it and would be happy to go there again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends