Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$76
Hotels.comUS$76
Expedia.comUS$76
HurbUS$79
eDreamsUS$76
travelup.comUS$114
2,496 results
All reviews overlooking the river club room afternoon tea fifth floor city centre bit dated car park sunday lunch hotel bar bars and restaurants lovely room stayed for one night tyne quayside newcastle wedding wetherspoons
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2018

The hotel was lovely. Good location for us and we could park the car up and not have to move it until we needed to. Room was really nice with a view over the Tyne. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the hotel location, the on-site car parking facilities, the quality of your bedroom, and the high standard of guest service from the team. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I got married here a little over 10 years ago, we returned for a steak meal, (gift) and it certainly didn't disappoint. On entering, it was just like we remembered, just very slightly different. The service couldn't have been better waitresses were lovely, they put us next to a window seat, steak was perfectly cooked, chips and salad complimented it perfectly and the peppercorn sauce, beautiful! We got a brownie dessert,which was very sweet and the white chocolate sauce would have been nicer warmer; but I still ate it all!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent dinner at the hotel, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service, and the quality of food. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon (well before another 10 years!)

Reviewed 18 July 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2018

First time in the Newcastle and the hotel was booked for a business trip by work and I was not expecting much. How wrong was I. A friendly greeting awaited me at reception despite the queue with a lot of us turning up at once.
The room was super with a bay window overlooking the river and a view of the bridges. I could sit there all evening. There is room service 24/7. Always a sign of a proper hotel in my book. Excellent choice as well. I had a sound, comfortable nights rest in a very comfortable bed.
Its been warm recently so I went straight to the bar for a cold pint. The barmen keeps the glasses in a chilled cabinet and paired with Heineken extra cold you will not find better. Sitting in the bar with a pint looking at the river is to be savored so I had to order another pint just to check i was not dreaming.
Breakfast starts at 0630, always good if you are at work. It was a buffet, superb selection of a proper cooked breakfast available and I filled my plate. I went back for a croissant and a pastry afterwards. It would be rude not to. Coffee also excellent and with proper Italian cups. I recommend the Cappuccino.
Its the staff that make a stay right and at the Copthorne I was made to feel very welcome. Its the sort of place you can take the other half to. Much more than just another overnight stay.
Taxi from the hotel to the station was under a fiver. My thanks to the staff.

Room tip: I stayed in room 218.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service from the team, the comfort of your bedroom, the hotel location, the calibre of beer, and the quality of breakfast. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon the next time you are visiting Newcastle!

Reviewed 16 July 2018