2,499 results
All reviews afternoon tea redwood bar sky lounge bridge restaurant wine and dine cocktail bar tyne bridge city centre lovely hotel dean street bit dated public areas birthday treat car park bars and restaurants hotel bar double room
Reviewed 20 August 2018

From initial booking to check out the staff were great. If your going to book try it direct better deals and they have some special offers that are only direct. On arrival the two concierge took our bags and parked the car. The check in was easy and the room was nice. Perhaps not quite a junior suite but very comfortable. The only negative was the temperature in the room which was very warm. There is no air con and the hot summer and lack of opening windows did make it very WARM.the hotel did provide us with two fans which did help. Comfy beds and great showers. One of the fastest filling baths ever ! The breakfast was very good and even though we arrived a little late the dining room team didn’t hurry us And were very attentive. Overall a great place to stay and a great location in Newcastle.

Room tip: If it’s hit get one of the rooms at the back of the hotel, not facing the car park or magistrates court.
1  Thank rover75golf
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

I am pleased to see that you enojyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, I am pleased to see that they made you feel welcome, at home and comfortable, I will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We booked the cheapest room just to save on taxi fares when attending a function in the stunning sky lounge bar so we didn’t have high expectations.
I was concerned about parking but on arrival we were told to park anywhere and the concierge would move the car into the overflow car park for us making check in absolutely stress free.
Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, and when we arrived at our room we were pleasantly surprised since we had paid under £70 for the city centre stay. It was a good size room with desk, as well as a dressing table. There was coffee, tea and biscuits as well as a mini bar. The room was spotless and luxurious, we didn’t have a great view, we were looking into the railway bridge but we still slept like logs (and I’m a very light sleeper)
The sky lounge was amazing, bar staff were friendly and welcoming and it showed they enjoyed their work. We had a fantastic night at the function.
The hotel
Has a great location with the quayside to level 1.
All of the staff are a credit to this beautiful hotel especially the concierge who even loaded our luggage into our car ready for our departure. Thanks for a lovely stay. We’ll be back soon.

1  Thank Caz5316

I am pleased to see that you enojyed your stay with us and had a lovely time in our Sky Lounge.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, I am pleased to see that they made you feel welcome and at home and I will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a suite the night of our wedding as a wedding gift off parents, we arrived to be told we had to pay £25 as a cover for the room even though was already paid for then to arrive in a luxury suite with a nice back ground music of the night club below. Unable to sleep because of the noise we asked to be moved, couldn’t do this as no other rooms available. Still awake 3 hours later this spoilt our wedding night.
I think this should be explained in the hotels description before people book this.

1  Thank Tina B

Although not the kind of review we like to see, we appreciate the time taken to let us know about your experience.
I woulld be greatful if you could contact me directly in relation to your stay as i do ont have any record of your reservation from this review site.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a couple of nights away with my other half, staff were extremely friendly, made us feel very welcome, concierge was very friendly too.

Room was great, very spacious, and was extremely relaxing.

Didn't go to the bar or restaurants however had continental breakfast room service the morning we checked out which was the perfect end to a perfect trip.

1  Thank Domino W
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Not sure where alot of these negative reviews have come from. From the moment we pulled up outside the hotel we were welcomed by the very friendly concierge and after reading alot of reviews about unable to park was a little worried that we would end up driving round a strange city looking for somewhere to park the car. Not so the concierge took the keys from us and parked the car in front of the hotel and assured me it was very rare they couldn't accommodate a guests car. Check in was very quick and easy and even though we were 2hrs early was given the keys to our room. The room was very nice no it will not give you the wow factor but was about average for a 4 star city center. The room was quite and bed comfortable only heard 1 train all day/night. Breakfast was buffet style with good choice and friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. If I had 1 gripe it would be the fact you are not allowed onto the rooftop bar unless part of a private party which I couldn't remember reading on the website,which is a shame because we were looking forward to looking out over the bridge whilst having a drink. Otherwise would certainly recommend the Vermont for a city break hotel.

1  Thank dunckiddy69
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit.