2,442 results
All reviews afternoon tea redwood bar sky lounge bridge restaurant tyne bridge lovely hotel dean street city centre public areas mini bar birthday treat car park hotel bar bars and restaurants double room one night stay lovely room
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Great afternoon tea the staff were really friendly kept us topped up with coffee and water. Explained the menu and asked about allergies. Food was fresh and we didn’t feel rushed, left mega full.
Only reason I didn’t give it’s 5 stars was it was a red hot day and the restaurant was quiet stuffy & hot there was no windows or doors opened which wasn’t the case when I went for lunch another occasion, also one of the cakes was very dry & inedible.
Pleasant visit & will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit for afternoon tea.
I have reported you comments back to the kitchen for review.
Thank you once again for writig about your experience, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

One of the very few experiences where everyone at hotel seem genuinely interested with guests.
Everyone from reception, to restaurant, to other services, all were cordial and professional.
It is one hotel definitely recommended to visit.
The rooms are well presented and quiet.
The hotel location is also incredible as many venues are within walking distance.
Congratulations to all at the Vermont Hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team succeeded in providing the best possible and friendliest service to you during your visit.
We hope to welcome you back once again very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night here and was very impressed.
Very central with parking made it a big plus.
The building and the public areas are grand with lots of comfortable sofas and seating areas.
The staff are very friendly.
Our room was small but clean. The bed was really comfortable. We particularly liked the bath and the huge, soft towels. We wanted for nothing. Tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits, a full size hairdryer and a mini bar which we didn’t indulge as the contents were quite pricey.
We didn’t eat in the restaurant at night but the breakfast was superb. A good choice of hot or cold buffet or you could choose something a little more specialist from the menu. Plenty of choices with speciality teas too.
The reason I rated this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 is it stands beside the railway line and the trains are passing by on a regular basis and are quite loud. However, I don’t recall hearing any during the middle of the night until about 7ish the following morning but we stayed over the bank holiday weekend.
We would definitely stay here again but would probably request a room at the front of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found hotel and staff to be accommodating during your visit.
We hope to welcome you back once again very soo

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is a hidden gem in the centre of Newcastle, I went to a work colleague’s wedding there and was amazed at both the venue and quality of service.
I didn’t stay overnight but the people I talked to that did said the rooms were stunning, this coming from people that travel regularly through work is no small praise.

If you get a chance to visit the roof top bar on a sunny day you definitely won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

If you want a good night's sleep delicious food,great service,free parking,close to Quay and town centre then look no further The Vermont is perfect.Stayed 2nights b&b and dinner for our wedding anniversary.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janette G

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you both back again soon.