2,421 results
All reviewsafternoon tearedwood barsky loungebridge restauranttyne bridgelovely hoteldean streetcity centrepublic areasmini barbirthday treatcar parkhotel barbars and restaurantsdouble roomone night staylovely room
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Had just a great time at the Vermont again for the 7th time rebooked for another weekend for meeting family and friends, and enjoying Newcastle.All the staff are very knowledgeable of the area and very helpful.Looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in hearing distance from the metro track.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank neil k
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The Vermont is a very nice hotel. Great place, great location, great food and great staff.
I can recommend this hotel for a stay in Newcastle.

Our room was on the 10 floor, 1021, which is looking into the other rooms so not the room to pick if you want a view of the city, the castle, the river or the Tyne bridge.

This is a high end hotel so you will pay for the quality you receive.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrGeoffStewart
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

An interesting hotel and a great location, bar area great and most of the staff great, room a little dated, Granny furniture but it has some first come first served parking complementary and easy access to the heart of Newcastle, will def go again !!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nigel b

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Arrived a little early on a Tuesday afternoon with the intention of dropping off our bags and enjoying the city shops,however our room was ready so we went to unpack. We were delighted with the view of the Tyne bridges and Sage, even more beautiful as night fell and the lights came up. My sister and I had a twin room, large enough, lovely towels, coffee tray and fridge. Reception staff and doorman were friendly and competent, gave us a warm welcome . We had afternoon tea in the lounge, another lovely room, served by eager young staff, the food was tasty but dry. We had a good nights sleep in very comfortable beds, and excellent breakfast in a bright dining room once again with very good an friendly staff. All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank redfeathers2015
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be accommodating and helpful.
We do hope that we will get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the Vermont last night as a guest of my old boss.
Starter came
I gasped 4 cubes of smoked salmon the size of 4 dice.
They were placed on a beatroot and horseradish sludge with dots and streaks of other sludge
I asked for bread as I was starving
Main course came sea bass
I fillet balanced on a sludge base with dots and bits of micro herbs etc
5 star for quality and flavour and great service but this was not a dinner it was the starter of a tasting menu and bad value for money.
I got home and had a large rate cold roast rib of beef sandwich to stop my tummy rumbling.
I thought the days of Gournish for Garnish (Yiddish expression) had gone long ago.
Would not go back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for your review about the Bridge Restaurant.
Although not the kind of feedback we like to see we appreciate that you have taken the time to write about your experience.
Had the team been made aware that you were not satisfied in any way, they would have been more than happy to accommodate changes for you.
Thank you for your feedback.
Regards,