Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
US$81
US$45
View deal
Trip.comUS$81
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
1,103 results
All reviews millennium bridge city centre car park min walk excellent stay comfy bed night stay stayed one night reception staff cooked breakfast inns quayside newcastle sage tyne concert onsite
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed one night due to work commitments. Slight delay at check in, due to being only one member of staff present and that the hotel was extremely busy, with construction and utilities workers staying. As usual staff friendly and professional, room was clean and comfortable. During lockdown, Premier Inn are providing a cost effective and professional service, would recommend.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2021

We cannot thank the staff here enough for all their kindness over the past few months, we have been back and forth several times as a member of our family was terminally ill, all staff where pleasant, friendly and professional especially Anthony, Matthew and Angela we didn't get the others names but all were lovely. Our room was spotlessly clean we cannot comment on restaurant and meals as they were closed due to covid restrictions but we would recommend here as its close to the city centre and the quay

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Firstly the postcode is either wrong or misleading. NE1 2AN is on the website. A better one is NE1 2BH then turn left at the traffic lights at the Barclays sign. I arrived on a Wednesday night and the receptionist said I was there for one night. No, three nights I replied. "Ah yes, you should have been here last night". "Someone amended the booking. " I replied. Whether that got through or not with no Wi-Fi I don`t know. "Where can I get something to eat please?" " Um, well if you walk out and turn right you should be able to find something."

Although the room was comfortable I would have thought that, as food wasn`t allowed due to Covid-19, that there would be leaflets advertising delivery services e.g. pizzas or information as to where to find places to eat. There was absolutely nothing. No Wi-Fi to check places. The receptionist said it had been reported. After about a mile walk to find something to eat I returned to find the Wi-Fi still not working. I needed to read some impertant e mails which was impossible on my phone using 4G and data. Wi-Fi was working when I returned the next day but I couldn`t face another trek to find somewhere to eat. I decided to cut short my visit and leave after two nights.

The hotel sign should be lit up at night as it is easy to drive straight past it, especially with the daft postcode and for travellers that haven`t been there before.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2020

Hideous. Stuck in a time warp. Loud noisy bathroom extractor fan. Corridors all need painting. Carpets worn out. Hardly any staff. Bed broken and mattress very uncomfortable. Only discovered this at midnight by which time my daughter was asleep so I left it until the morning to complain. Only member of staff in was the chef who told me she could only pass on my complaint and suggested I contacted premier inn by email. Email bounced back. Eventually got through on Twitter DM feature. Told the goodnight sleep guarantee didn’t apply as I hadn’t complained at the hotel.... not interested that that hasn’t been possible. Avoid this place.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your review.

We're sorry to hear you had a disappointing stay with us recently due to the quality standards of the hotel, the noise disruption, the uncomfortable bed and service you received from our team. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect.

Our team members do work hard to ensure every visit is perfect so we'd like to apologise our standards fell short on this occasion.

We have ensured this feedback has been logged to the Hotel Manager so that they can look into these issues with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to prevent this experience from being repeated again in the future.

In future, our Reception desk is manned 24/7 and so we do ask that you speak with the team as soon as any issues arise in order for the team to have the opportunity to rectify any problems during your stay.

Our apologies again for any disappointment caused and hope we can welcome you for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed 30 September 2020

This Premier Inn is in the perfect location to explore Newcastle just a few minutes walk from the quayside. Great to have parking on site both open air and undercover. The reception staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean. Breakfast service was quite slow and there wasn’t enough tables despite booking a time slot. Don’t follow a Satnav, use the website directions instead!

Date of stay: September 2020