Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$91
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
Expedia.comUS$91
PricelineUS$91
HurbUS$95
All reviews afternoon tea q park breakfast was amazing glass of prosecco eldon square shopping centre lovely hotel late checkout central location big tv train station course meal the general manager city break great shower fantastic stay coffee machine bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We had ordered from the takeaway dinner Valentine’s menu! We could not of been any happier with the food we got, so easy to do and the best food we had tasted. Could not have been better! Can’t wait to be able to visit! Definitely will look forward to eating from there again!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna Wadcock, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Mballinger973,

Oh how lovely it is to read great feedback from our Valentines menu!

It's a delight to know you couldn't have been happier with the food provided

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and cant wait for you to enjoy a wonderful meal in our restaurant!

Amiee,

Reviewed 25 February 2021

we decided to have a special meal last week so ordered a takeaway from the restaurant. What a treat! It was excellent. Starter, main with sides and pudding. All just to heat up and plate. We had prawn cocktail, beef and then sticky toffee pudding. Well, e kept the pudding and had it over the next couple of days as we were too full to have the three courses. Great value too. Will do it again.

Date of stay: February 2021

Dear Dream782802,

What a lovely review! It's an absolute pleasure to read such fabulous feedback when it comes to our takeaway service! We really are so very delighted to know you enjoyed your meal.

We are very proud of our take away offering, being able to provide restaurant quality food at home and for a great price too!

We hope to welcome you to our hotel and restaurant soon

Kind Regards

Amiee

Reviewed 15 November 2020

This is my third time staying at this amazing hotel, this time with my 2 children. The efficient and friendly staff on reception went through all the current Covid guidelines with us on arrival. We had a lovely spacious bedroom with super comfy beds. The restaurant for drinks, dinner & breakfast was great, we felt extremely safe & looked after the whole time. Can’t wait to come back as this is my definite go to hotel when in Newcastle, nothing is too much trouble for the staff & the hotel itself is stunning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Anna Wadcock, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Dear Charl-rome,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It really is such a pleasure to read your fabulous feedback. I am so pleased to know you had another amazing stay with us, here at the Maldron Hotel Newcastle.

I am so delighted you and your family enjoyed all that we have to offer and felt safe and comfortable during your time with us.

I will pass your kind comments on to our team!

We cant wait to welcome you and your family back again soon,

Kindest Regards,
Amiee, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2020

Overall excellent - good location, excellent cleanliness & sensational service. One of the mains reasons for returning back to this hotel would be because of the receptionist Lynne, her customer service skills are second to none!! She deserves a promotion - so professional, polite and friendly.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeordieBB93
Anna Wadcock, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2020

Dear GeordieBB93

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am always delighted to read such fabulous feedback, I am so pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at The Maldron Hotel Newcastle. We pride ourselves on the product and services we offer and to hear you found it all to be of the highest standard and quality is so very gratifying.

We pride ourselves on our teams customer service therefore it is a delight to read our Lynne has excelled herself during your stay. Our team plays a big part on our guests overall experience with us so we are so pleased to read such fabulous feedback

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Amiee Lidstone

Reviewed 6 November 2020

Myself and my wife Susan recently visited Newcastle for a short break and having previously stayed at the Maldron in Belfast we decided to book this hotel. What can I say , a fantastic hotel in the city centre ,it felt covid safe with the procedures it has in place . We had a slight problem when booking in due to a new system recently introduced but this was quickly resolved and were soon on our way to our room . The room itself was clean and tidy , had tea & coffee making facilities , a lovely bathroom with a nice big shower , in other words everything we wanted and needed. We booked breakfast for 9.00 am but were tired in the morning so phoned reception and asked to change it to a later time ( 10.00 ) which they were happy to do for us, an example of the good service we received. Breakfast itself was excellent , orange juice , cereals , sausage bacon egg etc.....plenty of choice to set you up for the day . The only downside was the hot food was brought to our table whilst still having cereals and there was little or no room to put the hot plate on the table , to the extent I had to put my cereals on top of the hot dish whilst I finished them . A possible solution maybe to check if starters had finished before bringing the hot food , but overall this was not a problem. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the Maldron and wished it could have been longer , but when we are next in Newcastle we will make sure we book this wonderful hotel .

Date of stay: October 2020

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review.

Our team are absolute diamonds and I am so pleased to read you were accommodated in anyway possible.

Our breakfast is something we really do pride ourselves on, having to change from a buffet service to everything being served to your table therefore this has became four times more labour intensive than the previous style, so to read such great feedback about our offering really does make it all worth while! There are always a few things we can teak to be perfect therefore I will pass your comment on to our team!

I am also so thrilled to know you felt safe and comfortable during these uncertain times. We have done upmost to ensure that the welfare and safety of our team and our guest is paramount.

I will pass your fabulous feedback on to our team as I'm sure they will be thrilled to read such amazing comments!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,