Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$113
PricelineUS$98
FindHotelUS$113
eDreamsUS$88
CheapTicketsUS$112
All reviews osbourne road living area visiting newcastle night porter stayed for nights apartment jesmond metro accommodation aparthotels heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

I'm still waiting for any kind of apology or communication from the management after an unanswered midnight fire alarm last Thursday night meant my family and I walked a mile across Newcastle in our PJs and had to stay instead with an elderly relative who has been shielding. No fire brigade, no reception, no night porter and still no contact. I'd like to think that had the building burned down with us in it, the management might at least have responded in some way. Unbelievable. Legal proceedings a distinct possibility. Just putting that here as no one from Kensington Aparthotels is answering.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ellietripper
Reviewed 18 August 2020

Stayed for 1 night after being told our other location was still full and available due to keyworkers.
Positives : clean & spacious and close to metro. bed comfy and slept well
Negatives : Half the free toiletries were empty, 1 hand towel for 2 bathrooms, no free bottles of water (often have free wine when i stay elsewhere). Executive room had no coffee machine and only a plate containing 2 sachets of nescafe and 2 decaff and 4 sugars......Biggest fault was no hand sanitiser anywhere, neither in entrance or room. No reception.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Roy B
Reviewed 19 February 2020

I was visiting Newcastle to see friends and have a relaxing retreat.

My mum had previously stayed in an apartment in Kensington House so I knew what to expect. So I booked to stay here through Booking.com. On the day of my visit I had a call to pay the security deposit and then I recieved the check-in details via text. Nice and simple. I arrived and got into the apartment easily and hassle free. I had a look around and was really happy with everything. Unfortunately when I went to shower before dinner I found there was no hot water. I called reception and they asked me to try and reset the boiler.. I wasn't completely comfortable playing around with a boiler (hence the 4 stars instead of 5). However I cannot complain about the quick manner of moving me into a new larger apartment due to the inconvenience, an appreciated gesture.

The rest of my stay was great the apartments were quiet and peaceful. There was lovely living area to just relax and do some reading. I loved the modern feel to the interior of the apartment. The high ceilings make the rooms spacious and airy.

Having lived in Newcastle previously I knew that the apartment is in a great location. Osbourne road has loads of fab restaurants to go for dinner, and bars if you like drinking! Being only a 15 minute walk into town it was perfect for me to go and explore Newcastle!

Being an apartment you get a more homely feel to your stay! Much better than hotels in the area of the same price range.

A definite recommendation!

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 8 February 2020

I would like to start with the fact that I had encouraged all of my bridal party to book these rooms last year for my wedding on 19th October 2019.

Firstly, I think it is appalling that a company can take over another company without notifying any customers. Surely that should have been a priority, especially as you wanted to make additional charges! My frustration is mainly around the amount of time that was spent by all of my bridal party dealing with either changes to the bookings, charges or actually getting access to a room they had already paid for! Each person that had booked had to ring to pay a security deposit which is totally understandable. However. to be told that this had increased from £100 to£250 is obviously an issue. Granted, this was sorted but we all had to speak to someone to eradicate this issue.

Secondly, I was absolutely horrified when I arrived to the apartments to see my bridesmaid hysterical and in tears as she was informed that she would have to move to a city centre location. How your company think it is ok to just move customers without notifying them is beyond me. This is worse even still, as I personally called on Tuesday 15th to confirm all the bookings and this was not mentioned. Again, after time spent back and forth on the phone to Alexandra and Kirsty, this was eventually sorted.

I then rang to confirm my booking for my wedding night (as I would not be able to call on my wedding day!) to be told that I would be staying in Newcastle City Centre! This was absolutely ridiculous as my wedding venue was across the road from Kensington Apartments, hence the reason we all booked this accommodation in the first place! Again, more time was spent calling Alexandra and Kirsty when I should have been preparing to get married! They did say they would ring back but this failed to happen and we had to keep chasing up whether this problem had been sorted. I appreciate it wasn’t their fault but I also think it’s ridiculous that this was even an issue when we had all specifically booked Kensington Apartments.

The main reason we booked the partners was because of their nearby location to the wedding venue so obviously it was a problem when some of us were asked to move out of there. I’d also like to point out that these aren’t at a ‘budget’ price so we were expecting a much more proficient service. Other guests stayed in the nearby Holiday Inn and had no issues whatsoever ever.

The last issue was on the morning after the wedding and a cleaner walked in to our apartment assuming we had checked out! It was before checkout time so this is simply not an acceptable mistake to make. Over the course of the weekend, my bridal party had spent a lot of money on this booking and we were all deeply disappointed.
I was then contacted by a manager, Ross who assured my that they would try and sort out something as there were several issues. Despite several emails and further phone calls there was no response.
Extremely poor service. Would never book again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2019

Will never use this company again.
Was concerned by all the other poor reviews, and the people who lost their deposit, for seemingly no reason.
Told me one thing on the phone and did another.
Lost my money. Dishonest and money grabbing. Don't book.

Date of stay: December 2019