All reviews molton brown toiletries upgraded to an executive london road limited parking town centre lovely hotel tea and coffee facilities wedding reception saturday night sandwiches comfortable stay afternoon tea high street full english breakfast one night stay family room cooked breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2018

This hotel ticked all the boxes. My room was spotless, comfortable and quiet, and the modern cool decor was very calming. The (free) wifi worked well and when I finished bits of work there were enough TV choices to have entertained me all night - and in so many languages! I have never seen a bathroom use space so economically, but everything worked except the push in plug that meant I had to wash face and hands quickly! The Moulton Brown collection made up for that.
The conference facility was spacious, the buffet lunch had interesting choices (loved the dessert) and the tea, coffee and bottled water kept coming.
There was a lighting problem which was annoying - a sort of disco effect - and that and the plug (above) knocked this down from 'excellent' - but it was a genuine electrical fault and an alternative way of lighting the room solved it.
All the staff at all levels and in all departments were smiling and very helpful, and I enjoyed my full English breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I was expecting my stay to be nice and stress-free, however it was the opposite. We booked a room direct with the hotel for one night, when we got there we were told that no food was going to be served because they had a conference meeting going on, I guess the world ends if they have a big event. My question is, why not telling us when we booked?, yes, we got upgraded to an executive room but why not informing the customers, instead we were told to either go to the restaurants near by our order a take away. Please note that we had a party booked (20 to 25 people) well in advance and they never said a word.

We asked for a second key, as it was the two of us. The lady at the reception looked at us shocked, well I am shocked that a hotel at their level still have keys! The bar staff were not very friendly, and not good in what they do. They have an offer of 50% off on bottles of Prosecco and Rose until 8pm, obviously on a Friday night people will buy a bottle (£14) as opposed to a glass (£8) so please make sure they are at least cold, drinking them warm is not nice. Everything is well over priced, even a pint of coke is over £5, which comes from a pump.

Car park is either £10 for 24 hours from the pay and display machine or £11 if you pre-book with them, great!

If you are going by train, make sure you get the train to Guildford and then another one towards London Road (one stop), which is about 2 minutes walk from the station.

I would not recommend this hotel, yes it looks nice on paper but not in real life.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
guildfordhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Mandolay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. All honest feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here for our anniversary. The room was very clean, very comfortable and nicely decorated in a modern fashion. We didn't notice any noise and the curtains were so good we had a lovely, long lie in. The breakfast which was included in the price was fantastic, with a good variety of food and the cooked breakfast was especially tasty, especially for a buffet. Very attractive outside and helpful staff that helped us find parking close by without costing too much (in the train station was the best value and only a short walk). Well situated on the edge of town, just a short walk away.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
guildfordhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Mandolay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Many thanks Selina for leaving such a delightful review following your recent stay, it gives everyone at the hotel a real lift to hear such kind words and I will ensure that staff in all departments are made aware of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Do not get the steak!!

I just ordered the sirloin steak at £20 and it was one of the worst I have ever received. I typically would not be a picky eater but for the first time in my life I had to send it back to the kitchen. The meat was as flat as a pancake and burnt to a crisp even though I asked for it medium. Not impressed!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review Stephen, I was of course dissappointed to read that the steak was not to your taste, I am sure that had you brought this to the attention of any member of the service team at the time the situation would have been resolved speedily and to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Perfectly located for easy walk to town center and restaurants.
Friendly and efficient reception.
Clean and functional rooms, with good TV and the usual amenities.
Parking out front at 10 Pound for 24 hours can get crowded, so best avail of secure parking at back for just one pound more.
Average breakfast not particularly inspiring.
A good choice for a quick in and out visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
guildfordhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Mandolay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Many thanks for leaving a review following your recent stay Angelo, I hope you visit us again next time you are in Guildford.