“Here for the bands but what a find!”
Review of Holroyd Arms

Holroyd Arms
Ranked #16 of 21 Guildford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I looked at the band gig guide and saw they were playing here, then i found out they did rooms too! So what to review first the b&b or the music venue/ pub?
Ok if you want the full "hotel experience" go elsewhere this is independently owned so will never be mainstream polished and bland. You do get good size rooms that are clean - maybe not the sterile environments of the chain places but I have sensitive skin and I was ok on my two night stay.
The music venue and pub was a great set up - good sound, friendly crowd and staff. The place is big enough to attract good name bands without being too big and intimidating for local acts. If I were local I'd be supporting it! After all if you don't support music venues all pubs will be Wetherspoons clones and we don't want that.
For me the best thing was the whole experience great atmosphere, friendly staff, owners not scared to pay for good bands I really hope it works. Then just walk across the beer garden to your rooms. On the second night my only disappointment was that the local kebab shop was shut so I couldn't get a burger before bed. The cafe is about 10 mins maximum walk.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
andy66whu, Owner at Holroyd Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

thanks come again

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Booked at short notice, having to spend an extra day in the office however was not disappointed. Room was reminiscent of past holidays spent in a Butlins chalet, needs refreshing but was warm, clean & comfortable. There was some small patches of mould in the tile grouting in the shower but at least it was clean mould, did not deter me from showering. Tea, coffee & milk all supplied. Enjoyed a hearty evening meal of well cooked pub grub, excellent price, washed down with a couple of pints. Pub staff were very friendly, it was not busy & had several locals in, typical of any local pub. Also enjoyed a Full English breakfast the following morning. Accommodation was full & is normally full, mainly with contractors, during the week. I have some sympathy for Lisa because the contractors do not write Trip Advisor reviews & I am sure the ratings for the Holroyd Arms would significantly improve if they did.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SJWEN
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Holroyd Arms for the weekend,after phoning the pub,whom I found very helpful with my booking,they accommodated me nicely especially as I wasn't booking in till late evening.I found the room warm cosy and clean.It was worth the money,a bargain at the price quoted.The pub was nice to pop in for a beer,good prices too.I'd definitely stay there again.Good value,nice people.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you are on a budget, this is a hidden gem. Right next to the pub, great breakfast, spacious friendly people. Rooms are in a separate annex next to the pub and you cannot hear any noise, as there was a part the night I stayed

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank pebble c
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This place was disgusting. Filthy dust everywhere the bathroom was so dirty with mould growing everywhere. There was old chewed chewing gum stuck to the walls the beds were covered in stains and full of bed bugs Iv come home covered in massive bites. I would not advise this place to anyone it needs to be seen and closed down

Stayed: June 2016