See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Booked at short notice, having to spend an extra day in the office however was not disappointed. Room was reminiscent of past holidays spent in a Butlins chalet, needs refreshing but was warm, clean & comfortable. There was some small patches of mould in the tile grouting in the shower but at least it was clean mould, did not deter me from showering. Tea, coffee & milk all supplied. Enjoyed a hearty evening meal of well cooked pub grub, excellent price, washed down with a couple of pints. Pub staff were very friendly, it was not busy & had several locals in, typical of any local pub. Also enjoyed a Full English breakfast the following morning. Accommodation was full & is normally full, mainly with contractors, during the week. I have some sympathy for Lisa because the contractors do not write Trip Advisor reviews & I am sure the ratings for the Holroyd Arms would significantly improve if they did.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SJWEN
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Holroyd Arms for the weekend,after phoning the pub,whom I found very helpful with my booking,they accommodated me nicely especially as I wasn't booking in till late evening.I found the room warm cosy and clean.It was worth the money,a bargain at the price quoted.The pub was nice to pop in for a beer,good prices too.I'd definitely stay there again.Good value,nice people.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank GlobeTrotting97818
Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you are on a budget, this is a hidden gem. Right next to the pub, great breakfast, spacious friendly people. Rooms are in a separate annex next to the pub and you cannot hear any noise, as there was a part the night I stayed

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank pebble c
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This place was disgusting. Filthy dust everywhere the bathroom was so dirty with mould growing everywhere. There was old chewed chewing gum stuck to the walls the beds were covered in stains and full of bed bugs Iv come home covered in massive bites. I would not advise this place to anyone it needs to be seen and closed down

Stayed: June 2016
4  Thank xtwitchx
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Booked here due to it being close to the University.
I wish there was a rating less than 1 for this place as its not fair to the b and b's that genuinely deserve 1. Absolutely filthy. If I hadn't had an important conference at the uni the next day I would have found somewhere else. There was food on the floor hairs in the bed and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned for a while. When I left in the morning they had put a note outside the room next door saying we cant do breakfast in the morning but there's a cafe a mile down the road you can use. This sort of place shouldn't be allowed. Also I couldn't see that there was any heating in the room?

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business