“Best Chinese food in HRM”
Review of Hong's Kitchen

Hong's Kitchen
Reviewed 18 July 2018

How do I give this more stars?!?! For the 4 of us (we eat a lot), we ordered the pork dumplings, mapo tofu with pork (need to request the pork), gai lan (off their authentic menu), Singapore noodles, garlic stalk beef, and 1/2 BBQ duck with 2 bowls of steamed rice to balance out the salty dishes we ordered. We had half the garlic beef, a spoonful of tofu and half a bowl of rice leftover because it was a lot of food. The mapo tofu brought me to tears--probably (100%) because I'm pregnant--and was the standout dish of the night. Just a hint of spicy kick from the Szechuan peppercorns and the tofu was so soft and saucy. The sauce on the BBQ duck was bonkers and seemed to get better throughout the meal. The gai lan was very lightly dressed and the perfect side of greens to our otherwise heavy meal. The total bill was just over $100 before tip. Will be coming back. The server recommended the Szechuan eggplant and ginger beef for the next visit, but I don't know... we seemed to have found the perfect order already. If you live in HRM, it's worth the detour out to Lower Sackville. Hell, we made the trip out from Kentville and plan on going back regularly. This has absolutely been my favourite Chinese food experience in Nova Scotia. Unreal.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

After we were terribly disappointed by a chinese restaurant, a local suggested this place to make up for our chinese (cantonese) cuisine experience in halifax.

Very authentic dishes and they just taste like what I used to have in China 10-20 years ago.

We had the beef brisket and sweet & sour chicken, no complaint, so delicious!

Cant miss this place if you are looking for good/authentic chinese in halifax/NS.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

A group of us were in on Friday night the place was filled up, I haven't seen it that busy before, we were delighted when Stephanie came to our table she is so pleasant and very fast, she suggest a good Chinese beer to go with our dinner and helped us decide what to order.. We had different plates, all of our dishes were MSG free and GF which was really nice for a change... a lot of places do not have such a big menu with gf items, all around it was a great night and we can not wait to go back for the great food and A One service... there was a table by ours that had a different server and they were not very happy with her, I am glad ours was such a delight! See y'all again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Took my sister in law here as they have a gluten free menu and great food.The services was great and informative about the gluten menu.The price was good and food delicious.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I love the Chinese food here, its delicious and we get take-out at least a couple of times a year. Sadly, however, I've noticed that the past few times, the portions have become exceedingly smaller and smaller. Its no longer the best bang for my buck in getting good Chinese in the area and I don't think I'll be getting my take-out from Hongs going forward as there are other as good in my area.