“Overnight stay at spa with dinner”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My husband brought this for me as a Christmas present and it was the best present ever!!!!
We arrived at four o'clock on the Friday afternoon and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. We were shown to our lovely room by her personally which had the most amazing bathroom. We changed into our robes and complementary flip flops then made our way to the pool and spa area. Again the staff were very friendly and explained the layout. The pool itself was very clean and the facilities were excellent. We then went back to reception and enjoyed a drink outside on the terrace, again the staff were friendly and very helpful.
After dressing for dinner we made our way to the restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food was locally sourced and magnificent. The two courses were included in our package bug we also received a complimentary bottle of prosseco.
Breakfast was very good, the choice was excellent and the service was fantastic.
We each had a treatment included in the package which were professionally executed and the spa staff dealt with us in a friendly and warm manner.
All in all we couldn't have wished for a better stay. We would certainly recommend thus hotel and may book again for next year!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Daryl J, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Wow what fabulous comments, thank you for taking the time to review, makes me very proud of the team. So happy you had a fabulous time and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

There are newer reviews for Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We went as a couple, staying Friday to Saturday. Reception staff were welcoming.
For our spa treatments we were unable to wait in the reception area for our treatment as there wasn't enough seating. A designated area would be preferable. My husband enjoyed his massage whereas my facial was rushed and my therapist abruptly told me 'my skin was very dehydrated' with a rapid 15 minute facial, finished off with recommendations of an £80 elemis skin product!! Dinner was good but the seating area was tired and staff were overworked. Breakfast was good quality.
For the money we paid we would not recommend this spa to friends.

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear this, we will be investing in the resort soon and there will be ample seating arrangements, i do hope we will see you again

Thanks

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My partner brought me here to celebrate my birthday.. and I have to say that it was absolutely incredible from start to finish! When we arrived the reception staff were so welcoming! They were very friendly and polite. Check in was quick and the room we stayed in was perfect!
The bed was huge and so was the bath! The room was spotless with everything you would need.. a safe, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee facilities and hairdryer!
Once we were settled in we were then given a tour so we knew where everything was. The relaxation room was just beautiful!
All the facilities were lovely!
I then had a full body massage with Elena and it was amazing! Made me feel very comfortable and very relaxed!
Dinner was faultless and the same with breakfast and again the staff couldn't be nicer.
I will certainly be recommending this beautiful spa to all my friends and family and I will be returning at any opportunity I get!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Wow that has made my day !!! Thank you very much for taking the time to review. Im so pleased you had a great experience with us.

See you again soon

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a 2 night stay at the spa that included a meal with champagne afternoon tea and 1 hour treatment plus breakfast .

Arrived Friday afternoon shown to the room which was good but the double bed was two single beds pushed together which wasn't what is expect from an expensive hotel . Room decor was going other then that .
Was shown around the venue.
1st night had meal in the restaurant. Firstly was struck by the awful chairs and had to change mine as it sunk in the middle . They looked fit for the skip.
The starters were very nice. The main which was charged extra as it was steak was very average . The steak was tasteless and the chips had a strange after taste. I then had the cheese board which was very good.

Staff were pleasant and helpful.

Next day had cooked breakfast which was good.

Then used the spa facilities which were fine could do with better pool side seating and more comfortable chairs. Gym was good.

We had the afternoon tea which I must say was excellent. Especially the cakes.

Had 1 hr massage which was very good . Wife had the facial which was also very good. Only downside was having to sit in reception to await the treatment . Would have been better to go into a separate waiting space or straight in.

We ate out in the evening in Bury were we found some excellent food.

On arrival back at 10.30 we asked at the bar if we could purchase a drink but we're told it was closed. For a hotel this is very strange ?

Overall the spa is ok but no the luxury retreat that we were hoping for .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Spa B, Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Craig

Thank you for taking the time to write about your day, your feedback is very important too us!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your treatments and food in the restaurant I will pass your comments onto the staff members

We are currently dealing with all your points raised and I hope you come back to visit with our new additions later on in the year!

Kindest Regards

Kelly
Spa Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We have been coming here for spa days several times a year ,for many years. Clarice House lost it’s identity as a high end luxury spa following Bannantynes take over and runs the risk of becoming a regular chain health club. Having paid for a deluxe pamper day with top of the range products, it is annoying that they will not substitute top of the range products as contacted when we bought the deal, as the standard Bannantynes products are nowhere near as good and not a fair substitute if you have paid for the top range, now Elemis. We would have to pay an additional £40 to receive these for both of us for two treatments. This needs challenging as it’s unfair.
Yesterday was set to be our last visit to use up our final voucher, however, we noticed an improvement and will be back!
The restaurant is tatty but the food was good. The pool area is also tatty, the snubbed mattresses are terribly worn and stained and the beds uncomfortable. It was a bit quieter yesterday, they do struggle when it’s busy due to big parties such as hen dos and all the Groupon vouchers and Bannantynes deals that are available. There is no dedicated waiting area for spa guests turning up for treatments, you just have to find a seat, could be next to someone having lunch or coffee or a hotel guest just wanting to sit quietly or a large party checking in, so it can be a bit chaotic. Our food was good yesterday, although staff don’t automatically go through the menu with you, but they will readily help if asked. Towels and robes tend to be a bit discoloured and threadbare and poor value at a cost of £10 per person to hire, so take your own. Our treatments were good, Shannen and Michelle, our lovely therapists, are clearly committed to high standards and ensuring a positive customer experience.
Staff are fully aware of the issues at Bannantynes Clarice House, and are looking forward to a re-vamp and improvement in the Autumn.
When we came yesterday we did not think we would return, however we noticed an improvement from the last time we visited and we will return and hopefully enjoy improvements.
I have graded our visit yesterday as ‘Very Good’ as there isn’t a ‘Good’ grade, but that’s on account of the lovely treatments provided.
Finally, do check your bill as you leave, ours contained lunch charges which should have been automatically included in our voucher price (Along with top of the range treatment products, grrr!)
Hopefully Bannantyne’s Clarice House will regain it’s identity as a high-end spa once the hotel closes and positive changes and investments are made.
We wish them luck and will return and hopefully benefit from improvements :)

Stayed: July 2017
The Ickworth Hotel
#1 of 2 in Horringer
15.7 km away
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds? Share your experiences!