All reviews main building garden room chalet rooms western hotels superior room town centre good size stayed here for two nights short stay pleasant stay biscuits one night stay breakfast was excellent wedding annex menu taps
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Glad to see them upgrading,but anyone booking for a special event atm there is no garden (build site) & no lighting down to courtyard rooms (ours badly needed deep cleaning).Food still good.Lovely staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki J
KimD4102, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Nikki,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Priory Hotel. I am sorry to hear of your concerns following your stay with us.
We are currently finishing off the build of our new 100 seat restaurant that will have unobstructed views, via glass walls, into our walled garden. Our garden is currently accessible via our garden rooms on the other side of the property. The temporary lighting that had been installed on our driveway was damaged recently and we are looking into alternate methods of lighting until we can install our new permanent lights.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Priory Hotel once all our work is complete so we can show you the improvements that we are making to our hotel. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed overnight on the 25th August 2018 being regular best western guests we had no hesitation ion booking the priory hotel ,, but unfortunately this hotel was a disappointment to us and is major one to best western.. Garden room acc was holiday camp style & dated. Bed was awfully hard & uncomfortable . The ongoing building work is major and very disruptive. Some areas are quite unsafe for guest with raised patio stones loose gravel etc . Lumps of stone being used to hold open the doors . Breakfast was unorganised, chaortic,unable to provide full breakfast after running out of supplies. Breakfast took 1,30 mins due to under staffing.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawnsharp2017
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Dawn,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Priory Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected and that we did not meet our usual standards of service.
The site team and my team members are trying to keep the disruption of our expansion and refurbishment work to a minimum and we apologise that this impacted so heavily on your visit.
By the end of this year we will have gained a new glass walled restaurant, bar and lounge with unobstructed views and access into our walled garden. The main hotel will also be seeing a lot of changes with the move of Reception and a revamp including new carpets through out the common areas. Our guest rooms are part of our rolling refurbishment and we have already started on 7 of our existing rooms; alongside the build of a new floor of rooms.
I will be speaking with my teams to find out why there was such a delay in breakfast service on the morning following your stay, please be assured that this is not our usual.
Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel if you wish to discuss your concerns with myself directly; my email is generalmanager@prioryhotel.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from yoursled.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stayed here as visiting friends nearby and whilst a little tired, they are renovating, it was great value and all you could ask for with good staff.

Good sized room with all you need and with breakfast included.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Priory Hotel.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
The team and I are hoping to have the new bar, lounge and restaurant ready by the end of October and the remained of our refurbishment, including the move of Reception, done by the New Year.
If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. The building work did make our movement around the site more difficult, however did not affect the experience too drastically. I am sure when completed the upgrade/extension will enhance the hotel generally. The staff we encountered were very good and responded positively to all our requests. Kelsey, the receptionist on duty when we arrived at the hotel, was especially helpful and made us feel very welcome during our stay.

Stayed: August 2018
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Croo,

The new extension to the main hotel will be our new 100 seat restaurant, bar and lounge, glass walled to enable unobstructed views into our walled garden.

I have passed on your kind words to all my teams, and especially to the team member mentioned.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Priory Hotel in the future to see all the exciting changes that are happening. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us here at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Excellent staff and food good. Unfortunately, my room was on top of the building site they have and the level of noise from builders and machinery was ridiculous. Coupled with that was the noise from the kitchen situated below my room at 0600hrs just added to the problem. BWPH you need to alert people to the fact that you are refurbishing, therefore managing their expectations.

Room Tip: No where near building works or above kitchens
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank csfieldhouse
Kim D, General Manager at Best Western Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear CSFieldhouse,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Priory Hotel.
While I am pleased that my teams were able to make your stay enjoyable, and have already passed on your compliments, I am sorry to hear that our building work impacted on your time with us. I have personally checked that our websites, including our own, Best Western and booking.com pages, all have the information relating to our build.
We have been trying to take every step to lessen the disruptions to our guests & please be assured that I have spoken with my kitchen and my site teams to minimise the noise in the early hours to the absolute minimum.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Priory Hotel in the future to see the final results of our extensive building and redevelopment works. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.