“Popped in for lunch”

Ranked #51 of 220 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The menu is a bit boring as it hasn't changed in years, boiled potatoes with roast chicken with no option for chips is typical for their menu

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went in here for a light lunch.
Plenty of choice on the menu.We had to wait a while before anyone took our order,it wasnt overly busy.
I had a tuna melt toastie & hubbie had a bacon sandwich,they came with a tiny side salad,they were ok but bit disappointing. Was expecting nice thick bread but it appeared to be thin packet bread & at £4.95 & £4.30 thought they were quite over priced for what you got.
Went to pay the bill with debit card & was told it was cash only which i thought odd in this day & age plus it wasnt displayed "cash only ".
Coffee shop nice & clean but loo's need looking at ,they were downstairs & smelt rather musty & looked very drab.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We met our Granddaughter here for lunch as she said it was a convenient location to meet and grab a bite to eat. The cafe is bright and clean with a variety of sizes of tables which are not too closely spaced together. My husband had Tuna mayo jacket potato which was very large. He said there was plenty of tuna added to it. Our granddaughter had prawn salad sandwiches and she was pleased with the flavour and quantity of prawns. I had lamb with potatoes and vegetables. The plate and food was nice and hot. Pudding and cake were priced at £3.50. This was general home cooked no frills food. My main cost £8.50. The service was good, welcoming and with a seance of humour. The toilets were clean but need decorating.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We popped in for an impromptu luncheon in this light and airy restaurent. The place was heaving but luckily we managed to find a spacious table for four as a group was leaving. It is traditional but I would say that acts in favour of what it is an establishment that caters for coffee and cake or something a little more for lunch.The menu is simple but there is lots to choose from. We all chose different items, I chose the jacket potato with mackerel - and it was it was perfectly prepared with a light mayonnaise with mustard and lemon, the salad was simple but totally fresh and crisp and it was streets ahead of what I normally class as a fresh salad. Other family members had soup, sandwiches and different toppings with jacket potatoes, then cake and tea and coffee. The cake portions were a good size and delicious. This is not a restaurant chain, the food is simple and fresh and priced correctly and I would describe it as good value. The waiting staff were young, polite and I would willingly eat there again. If you were hoping to find Dala horses and for it to be a Scandinavian themed place you will be disappointed but it does have charm and hygge. It was good value for money and I left a tip.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Such a friendly, traditional cafe / coffee house. We had the cream tea and the fruit scones were incredible. Our toddler had a special hot chocolate and was topped with cream, marshmallows and chocolate buttons.