“Disappointing afternoon tea”
Review of Brasserie Bleue

Brasserie Bleue
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Bleue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our new Bar and Brasserie has been inspired by a modern desire to return to simple, 'back to basics' food, offering freshly prepared dishes, contemporary, informal surroundings and impeccable service. We hope the whole family will enjoy dining with us. From fresh fish bought from Dean's Shed, situated on the beach opposite the White Lion, to smoked kippers sourced from Pinney's of Orford, every ingredient used in the exciting dishes which feature on the new menu, has been 'hand picked' to guarantee an abundance of flavours - Bon Appétit.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The afternoon tea I was served at the Brasserie Bleue seemed very effortless and thoughtless. There was little imagination within the dish and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. For example, I was served a chunk of coconut ice which I found strange. However, the scone was lovely. The service was slightly slow. The atmosphere was lovely. Overall, I wasn't pleased.

Mark_White-WL, Manager at Brasserie Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your recent afternoon tea. The menu does change monthly and I am sorry that you did not find this to be to your satisfaction. Could I please ask if you could contact me by e-mail on mark.white@whitelion.co.uk so that we can have the opportunity to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Good, well presented, food. All items similarly priced though fewer seafood options than I would have expected in this seaside town with local fishermen. Vegetarian options were fairly limited (one).

Hi Jennifer

Many thanks for your comments on the brasserie page and I am pleased that you found the restaurant part of your stay to be OK. The reason that there is less seafood on the menu is that we try and theme our restaurants and our sister hotel in town the Brudenell has a Seafood and Grill restaurant which focuses more in this area. As a resident of the hotel we can also arrange dinner at this restaurant for you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went on a Friday night
Food was all great
Service was very poor
Told short staffed but continued to let people in without a reservation!
The staff were not professional, one waitress walking around with a cleaning spray!
Chairs been taken from around your table,whilst eating
Food put down and left without cutlery (I saw 4 people getting up to ask staff for cutlery)
All marching around the restaurant-making our chairs shake!
Shame for the chef as food was excellent
Atmosphere-hectic

1  Thank mary a

Hi Mary

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry that you did not receive the same quality of service that the White Lion has become well known for. I believe you are referring to Good Friday which was a very busy night however there are clearly areas in which we fell down and for these please accept my sincere apologies.

I will ensure that the chef team are aware of your comments about the food.

If you are back in the area again please ask for either myself or David my restaurant manager and we will ensure that you are looked after.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

From breakfast to dinner the food is delicious. The lions share breakfast is superb and the smoked prawn starter was to die for...may try to make these myself.

Hi Amanda

Many thanks for your review on here as well as the main hotel site. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the smoked prawns - they are delightful.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I had a wonderful Mother’s Day lunch at Brasserie Bleue with my husband, daughter and son-in-law. Every member of staff was friendly, welcoming and efficient. The food was delicious especially the giant yorkshire puds!
We’ve eaten at this lovely restaurant twice before and have never been disappointed, we will be back .

Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your visit on Mother's Day. It was an extremely buy day so I am pleased that despite this you found everything as it should be and the staff still made you visit special.

We look forward to your next visit...