All reviews guest house single room comfortable place to stay room was clean walking distance safe box five minute walk high street off road parking shared facilities communal kitchen bus service short notice places to eat and drink stay there again excellent value for money bars and restaurants
Reviewed 24 March 2018

The location is good. It is near a couple of pump station and also local convenience shops. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was also good. The bed was comfortable and its quiet at night. Will definitely return back!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
KAREN C, Owner at Kingswood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to book with us and glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Karen

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Bed was very comfortable and staff were lovely. However, the floors were very creaky and could hear people walking in the halls from my room at night. The toilets were shared. I only stayed one night and was just there a few hours so it was fine but wouldn’t be breakfast is not included in this B&B and I wouldn’t stay longer than one night.

Room tip: WiFi didn’t work on the top floor.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
KAREN C, Owner at Kingswood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As you booked one of our budget rooms without breakfast you got a very good rate but if you had spent a little more you could have had a lovely en suite room with breakfast. Maybe worth reading the description next time to book to ensure you have booked the right room.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Traditional B & B. Spacious rooms and very clean. Didn’t have breakfast but it smelt delicious on coming down the stairs. It’s been a long time since I’ve used shared facilities, but they were also very clean.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
KAREN C, Owner at Kingswood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and glad you were happy with our hospitality and hope to see you again if you are in the area. Always a pleasure when we have nice guests. Many thanks. Karen

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Wasn't sure when I pulled up outside....but was greeted by a cheerful host and the room was spot on, clean a good size & not what I expected. Breakfast was fine too with a friendly welcome. A good location for working in the Teesside area. Perhaps some new signage and a spruce up outside would give the place some kerbside appeal.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
KAREN C, Owner at Kingswood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi and thank you very much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. New signage is on its way.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I arrived and was greeted by a friendly guy at the reception desk. He checked me in and asked what type of eggs I wanted in the morning. I asked for poached, to which he replied "I can't do poached and only just learnt how to make scrambled". I did then opt for scrambled.

I went into the room which was pleasant but it was very cold. I worked out that the heating had been turned down so I turned the radiators up to "max" and eventually the room got warm.

I had some work to do so tried to connect to the WiFi but it wouldn't connect. I went to tell the guy at reception and he restarted the router which seemed to work.

The toilet flush was incredibly stiff and I had to push down very firmly to make it work.

I finished my work and started to watch some TV on my tablet. I got to 5 minutes left of my programme and the WiFi cut out again. It couldn't be reset because the room the router was in was locked as reception closes at 6pm. I decided to turn the TV on instead but the remote wasn't working - perhaps the batteries had run out. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it on manually.

While I was watching TV, I felt the room get cold again. The heating had gone off. I decided to go to bed. The bed was comfortable enough but it would have been better if the room was warmer.

Breakfast in the morning was OK and check-out was fine.

One very minor thing - I noticed a spelling mistake on the Information Sheet in the room.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KAREN C, Owner at Kingswood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay but Paul had only started that week and unfortunately we all have to learn. The room temperature is totally adjustable and can be turned up and down and only takes a few minutes for it to come on. The heating is on high until 10.30 at night and is then turned down so people can sleep. Wifi is usually very good but like everywhere now and again it gets issues and this is beyond our control. We have changed the router and put another booster in so lets hope this makes it better. But on the plus side the bed was good, the room was clean and the staff are nice so that must be a plus.