“Great curry with a difference.”
Review of Thalii

Thalii
Price range: US$15 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A group of 5 of us visited Thali on a Saturday evening. We'd already heard great reveiws of the place, so booked a table in advance. Upon arrival we were seated immediately. A gentleman talked us through the menu, as it's a little different to your regular curry menu. The best way in which I can describe the way that the food here is served is to call it "Indian tapas". The thalii itself is a huge plate, and there are several different dishes served on it at the same time. I opted for the medium thalii which was extremely generous. I've got a big appetite, and I couldn't finish it all.

The fish pakora was lovely and the chicken karahi was enjoyed by all who orderd it. There was a vegetarian guest with us, and she was very well catered for. Thalii is probably the only resturant that I've visited that has just as many vegan/vegi options, as it does meat! We all went home with doggy bags that night. The gentleman that served us offered to have our food packed to take home, which was nice. The only downside to the resturant is that they haven't got an alcohol licence, so remember to take a bottle with you. Saying that, this hasn't stopped me returning. I've already been back twice, and each time the food and service has been just as good as the first visit.

2  Thank TJE1982

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Not a typical curry house! The way the food is served allows you to try lots of things at the same time- great for those who like variety. The food is of fantastic quality and you can tell that they care about serving good food.

They do not serve alcohol however, so remember to take you’re own if you want a beer with your curry.

The staff were attentive and friendly and were on hand to help explain how the menu works.

Will be returning again!

2  Thank MrnMrsTiger
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visited this little restaurant after walking past it. The service was brilliant and the food was really good, excellent find and can't wait to come again!

1  Thank April S
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant recently with my mrs, service was good and food was even better, we will be back!

1  Thank hassaan m
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

What a little Gem, we are here as we were staying in a near by hotel after a trip to Alton Towers....the food was amazing!! Tapas style so lots of little dishes the waiters made personal recommendations of dishes which were just brilliant. There is not alcohol served in the restaurant only soft drinks but they do allow u to bring in your own beer/wine etc. I cannot recommend this place enough we will definatley be back

2  Thank Lisa S