“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Four of us went today for food. Three of us had starters. Garlic mushrooms and potato skins were good. The lamb kofta were honestly the best I have ever tasted. Succulent and juicy.
For mains one had a mini roast and one had gammon. These were both very good. One had surf turf and click which again was great. I had sirloin and some battered prawns. I asked for it medium rare. It came out well done. Normally I would send it back but the quality of the meat was really high so it still tasted fine. The prawns were excellent.
Two of us had pudding. A roll cheesecake and a mint Sunday. These were also good.
For all of that food, a bottle of wine, a coffee and two post meal liqueurs it came to £86. It was good value and the portions were very generous.
The service was good. The staff were really nice and chatty without being over bearing. There was a bit of a wait for the mains but we didn't mind as we were chatting.
If the steak had been perfect it would have been full marks. If I could give 4.5 out of 5 I would but the steak meant it wasn't quite perfect.
I'd definitely go back. A great meal.

1  Thank toferbrum

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I rang to book for 7 people for my daughters birthday explaining my dad was on a mobility scooter and would need access plus I didn’t want to hinder others access , they moved tables to accommodate
Food was exceptional and reasonable in price and all staff were friendly
Great place for a family meal all 7 from a 19 year old to a 80 year old enjoyed the visit

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Went last night with two of our grandaughter's after being recommended!very disappointed frozen chip's my pet hate 15 pound meals with frozen chip's don't know what happened to the hand cut thick chip's that were advised both on here and in the pub! Won't be back and won't be recommending either

3  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Never been before but wow !! Food great and portion sizes huge x don’t have a starter lol ! Staff friendly especially head front of house behind bar ! Will be back !

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Visited today in a party of seven. I had the roast turkey dinner which was lovely. Food red hot which is important to me, very generous helping of proper sliced Turkey, say this because so often at various venues it is the thin sliced deli type, Yorkshire puddings, roast and boiled potatoes, vegetables and stuffing. Waitresses were very welcoming and pleasant and looked after us brilliantly. All in all a very satisfied customer.

Date of visit: June 2018