Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$87
PricelineUS$86
Hotels.comUS$87
eDreamsUS$86
CheapTicketsUS$87
TravelocityUS$87
1,422 results
All reviews old coaching inn superior room four poster bed bird street trouser press old building car park lovely hotel single room free parking afternoon tea lovely city salmon function room saturday night well worth a visit evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

OK so it's like being in the set of an Agatha Christie mystery. The hotel is an historic building with all the timings. Ample parking in this quality city centre. Polite and efficient staff. Step out of the main entrance you are saturated with choices of bars, cafes and restaurants. Then traipse the creaky floors to your room, sheer contentment. Breakfast...fast and easy at your table. Do it!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time away since Covid lockdown ,we were nervous about going away but we were warmly welcomed by the receptionist ,the room was spotless,beds very comfortable .My husband can't walk far so they gave us a room near the lift (19) .This room has a shower over the bath which some might find difficult ,we were only there for the night .I'm sure they will give us a walk in next time ,my fault as I didn't ask for one ! Roger served us a lovely cooked breakfast and the night before he arranged for us to eat in our room as the restaurant was closed due to restrictions since Covid. As sitting in the bar would be difficult for my husband they said they could set up a table for us in the restaurant ! In the end we decided to eat in our room ,the meal was hot and delicious .We felt so comfortable with the hotel and staff and will return ! Easy free parking in the hotel grounds ,nice courtyard for outside dining ,hotel right in the town centre ,lots of restaurants,cafe's ,pubs all within walking distance . Litchfield is easy to get around for the less mobile .

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a delightful occasion. We hired the Charter Room: the venue and all the arrangements were perfect, and the food and drink was delicious and much appreciated.

The team at the hotel were cheerful, attentive and helpful, while also giving us the space to be together.

I thoroughly recommend The George Hotel, Lichfield, as a great place for a get-together, and the road and rail transport links are very good. (Probably an idea to have a back-up plan for parking though, as the hotel car park is not large.)

Reviewed 22 September 2021

I always enjoy it at The George. Nice rooms (very quirky and characterful!), good bar, I can’t comment on the restaurant as I don’t eat evening meals there. Breakfast always outstanding but I deliberately missed it today as I’m trying to shed some pounds and a George buffet breakfast is just too good to resist if I see it.

The rooms are old fashioned, but in a good way - full of character but very well appointed, with clean and superbly comfortable beds, superb bathrooms with a proper bath you can stretch out in, as well as a modern shower. Just the right mix of great heritage and modern comfort. You can almost imagine yourself as a guest in Downton Abbey!

The location is fantastic, right in the high street with so many different eating places around.

After stopping here last night I used it for a corporate celebration lunch for 40 people. The food, the service and the room were very good for the reasonable price.

I use Best Western hotels all over the world, From Toronto to Cape Town and Delhi to Lichfield! Always my first choice - because BW is a co-operative of privately owned hotels, they have different characters, not just the same uniform corporate identity. The standards are always good and prices fair. Plus I feel good about giving my business to the small business owner, instead of putting more money in the pockets of “the man”.

Location is convenient for driving and also for the train.

I come here four times a year for overnight and small corporate meetings, and I can't think of a place I like more for the purpose, on balance.

Mike

Room tip: Every room is different! Ask for the room with the four-poster bed if you want a bit of extra luxury.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2021

We popped in for a drink on a night out in the town. Glad we didnt stay there as it all looked a bit tired and in need of tlc. The drinks were ok though a bit pricey but the staff were nice and friendly. Would recommend a drink in the courtyard with the fountain.