All reviewshoneymoon roomfour poster bedtarot cardshuge tablemagical stayother guestsamazing collectionbreakfast was amazingsmall kitchenamazing place to staytop floorthe perfect hostset you up for the dayspacious bathroomb and bsecond to nonelounge area
Reviewed 7 August 2018

If you are visiting Glastonbury then you have to stay in Covenstead. The decor is fantastic and wonderfully atmospheric. Tony, the owner, and his staff are wonderful - they cannot do enough for you. Breakfast is excellent and taken at a long, gothic style table and chairs with all the other guests. Consequenty, you are making friends and sharing experiences with the other guests within seconds of sitting down.. The rooms are spacious and extremely well furnished, right down to little touches such as an Amazon echo in the room. I cannot wait to stay here again and booked another break before I left.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billwalker23
Reviewed 3 August 2018

A feast for the eyes! The Covenstead has jumped to the top of my favourite B&B’s to date.
We were greeted by Tony, who wasted no time showing us around this awesome house of curiosities, and making us feel welcome. We stayed in Hernes room, at the top of the house. A fan was also provided. Big comfy bed too! It wasn’t ensuite, however, the bathroom was opposite, so wasn’t a hassle to us. We also had access to a kitchen with fridge and a stock of bottled water, tea, coffee and ‘real ‘milk. There was a lovely courtyard garden, just to chill out.
Breakfast didn’t disappoint. Everything you needed, and a vegi option.
The location was perfect for the shops, restaurants and pubs, and although there is no parking on site, the free car park is just opposite.
Thank you Tony, Karen and Casper, and whoever else was working in the background. All the praise on here is well deserved. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

If you are lucky enough to get a room here there is simply nowhere else to stay in Glastonbury. I’ve stayed in some of the more highly recommended places on this site and nowhere is even close to being comparable. Apart from the delight of the furnishings and the unique theme it is a place of comfort and care. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are polite accommodating and generous. The owner is in a league of his own for his graciousness and for going the extra mile with any request. The breakfast is so delicious you can save money on lunch. Hurry and book. It is busy all year and I can see why.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I was greeted and welcomed right from the get go. As a solo USA traveler for training, the Covenstead was an ideal place to unwind and relax. The outdoor patio swallowed me up - so inviting to just be, read, or write. Each room has it's own theme, so check it out and make your reservations.

Room Tip: Reserve early.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelBug111661
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This must be the quintessential B&B of all time. The Arthurian themed rooms made me quote a line from the play "The Lion in Winter": "God but I do love being king!" The staff are incredibly responsive, accommodating and fun to get to know. The breakfasts were amazing. All in all, the most delightful lodging I've experienced in 20+ years of traveling around the world.

Room Tip: Try to get the King's room...the bath has both shower and tub
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends