Meare Manor(Glastonbury)
PremierInn.com
Bellhay Orchard(Glastonbury)
Apple Tree Inn(Glastonbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfour posterthe pubancient buildinglots of historylovely old hotelking henry viiisteeped in historyhigh streetposter bedpublic car parkoriginal featuresstayed for one nightfull englishbeautiful roomdouble roomvisiting glastonburyenjoyable stay
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is such an amazing building; so full of character and charm. The rooms are comfortable and although decorated in an old fashioned manner are still well furnished and equipped. If I had one complaint it would be that the room should be decorated in the same style as the bar and restaurant. Food is good and the bar has a good range of local beer and cider. Overall would recommend!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I asked for a rib eye steak. I don't think that was what I was given and it was so tough it was a struggle to eat. Attitude of the chef was somewhat dismissive although he did offer some sauce to help me along !! Not impressed and certainly not going back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Our group of 5 ladies stayed one night and we loved it. The rooms were so clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were fresh clean and updated. The beds were comfortable and the bed linens crisp and clean. I slept like a baby and woke up so refreshed. We met Dave the manager and he was beyond nice and helpful. 2 in our group had their luggage lost by the airlines and they let us use the phone and helped us to track down where they were. Dave couldn't have been more helpful and kind. We met Ken the Magician that showed us all the haunted places in the pub and shared many stories of it as well as the history. We felt super special to go on this private impromptu tour. The entire staff was pleasant and helpful. I can't recommend this place enough. While we were climbing the tor ( a fabulous hike) our luggage showed and they put it in their locked cage to keep it safe though we were checked out. The food was wonderful traditional pub food and it was the food that we had in the pub in our last visit 3 years ago that made me book a night here. I would go back and stay in a minute. my only warning is there is no elevator. You do have to go up and down some steep stairs.to your room. But what do you want for a pub that was built in the 1300's? Full of amazing medieval charm.

Room Tip: be able to walk up stairs to your rooms. May not be good for elderly that have trouble do that.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Umm this hotel has such a rich history and it's interior is fascinating to say the least and extremely unusual.....We checked in (2 lots of 2) and were taken to our rooms on the top floor. The staircase was a spiral staircase in desperate need of some TLC but I forgave it's appearance as it is such an old hotel....

We stayed in the Dunster Room which was decorated in a very old fashioned way. My main concern was that the floors weren't level at all and were sloping from the outside to the inside- it was like being on a boat! I was just glad it wasn't the haunted room! The shower was OK and the tea and coffee facilities was a nice touch!

The breakfast options were actually good and I enjoyed breakfast on both days!

I think it's because it's grade 1 listed it's why the floors slope and the rooms and public areas are all in desperate need of tlc but somehow it is part of it's charm?

Overall it was an 'experience' to stay at one of the countries oldest hotels but if I'm honest I'd rather stay at a Premier Inn which is not haunted :) Although I can confirm that no ghosts were seen during our stay :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank gavandstace
Reviewed 13 June 2017

They have a revised menu since our last visit. The choices are a bit more limited but the quality was excellent. Good value too. We had 2 choices of vegetarian and 2 choices of meat meals, and they were all very good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple