“Classic British Curryhouse with Ambiance!”
Review of Bengal Brasserie

Bengal Brasserie
Ranked #150 of 619 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Everything I remembered from the last time I visited. Great atmosphere, quick and attentive service and some really great British style Indian food. Wish we had more time in Bath as we would have dined here multiple times. Really enjoyed our meal here and will visit again next time we are in Bath.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We went here on spec.....big mistake....we'll book next time as they were very popular. We decided to wait....and it was definitely worth it! The food was all superb and the service was slick and friendly. We'll definitely go back!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were staying in Bath for a New Year treat & were looking forward to returning to this restaurant on Friday 5 Jan 2018 as we have been several times before. We had a lovely booth table which was romantic & private. The restaurant was busy but not noisy & the staff here were once again very welcoming & helpful. My wife has a gluten & dairy free diet but it is not a problem here. The food is always delicious & full of different flavours. We really enjoyed our evening & hope to return on our next visit to Bath later in the year. There is nothing negative to say & we would recommend.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My partner and I went for a meal to this restaurant on Friday 12th January, I had a Prawn Curry (JHINGA BHUNA £13.75) and my partner tried one prawn from my dish. Approximately 4 hours after eating this meal I came down with horrendous Diarrhoea and Vomiting, my partner also had a bout of sickness and diarrhoea.
The alleged food poisoning from the prawn dish has made me extremely unwell over the whole weekend, and to the extent I have had to take Monday off work as well.
I am very disappointed as this was one of the more expensive dishes on the menu.
I had my doubts about the restaurant due to other reasons such as the smell and state of the bathrooms- the woman's bathroom smelt very strongly of damp, it was very small and appeared dirty. There was what looked like a dehumidifyer in the corner of the bathroom.
I am 100% sure I had food poisoning from this restaurant and I would seriously question their sanitation levels, food preparation and storage. I remember one of the prawns I ate was very chewy and I had to spit it out, which is unusual for prawns. I have reported them to the food standards agency. Worst curry I've ever had.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This used to be our 'go to' Indian to dine in, but recently they have new chefs and regrettably the food is not the same standard as it was before. The service, however, is excellent and really friendly staff.