“Amazing restaurant! Highly recommended!”

Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath
Ranked #38 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Housed in a spectacular former church house, the Aqua Restaurant and Bar is considered one of Bath’s finest Arts and Crafts buildings. The main dining area, gallery and alfresco courtyard provide a theatrical backdrop for the modern European cuisine. Aqua Italia cites a range of Mediterranean influences.In–the-know foodies have long been flocking to Aqua restaurant and bar to enjoy locally sourced produce, Italian coffee, continental beers, Prosecco and Bellini cocktails.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here on a recommendation, and were not disappointed! The food was excellent for all 3 of us across 3 courses.

Atmosphere was lovely, we were placed in the back room which was not ideal but suited our evening and we could still feel the vibe from the main area.

Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Will definitely recommend and return.

AquaBath, Manager at Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Laura
Hope to see you again :)
Thanks
Cecily

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I met up here last week. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was very good too.

Jill
So glad you enjoyed your visit with us! Hope to see you again soon :)
Thanks

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This restaurant was chosen by a friend, so it didn't give me much chance to check ahead, which is what I would normally wish to do, before eating out at a restaurant, which isn't part of a chain, with which I am familiar.

However, the staff did not make me feel awkward, for turning up out of the blue, or a problem customer, but were most friendly and most helpful when it came to selecting an appropriate dish.

The interior is quirky but and characterful, but has many contemporary elements, without being pretentious, and facilitated a vibrant atmosphere. Definitely more of a good venue for a meal with friends, or as a couple, rather than somewhere I would eat out with children.

In fact my friends and I enjoyed it so much, we stayed much longer than we meant too. Ooops!

The food when it came was attractively presented, well prepared and tasty, but, as always, I would love to be offered something other than fruit or sorbet for dessert. My friends' dessert choices, though, looked amazing.

Oh yes, and I enjoyed the Prosecco!

1  Thank DairyFreeBaby A
AquaBath, Manager at Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

DairyFreeBaby A

Thanks for your review, so glad you enjoyed your time with us :) We try and cater to every individual the best we can so is lovely to hear good feedback about this!

Look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We had a meal for four with starters and puddings. It was perfect. Our server, Ella, was simply excellent. I highly recommend the fig starter ;)

Alison
I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal :) Please come back and see us and our lovely Ella again

Reviewed 18 August 2017

A party of 8 of us dined Thursday the 17th August. The food was eccellent, great choices and generous portions. Staff were most attentive without being intrusive and always professional especially a young lad who was only on his second shift.
However we found the manager to be patronising and immature and would do well to remember that the customer is always right

AquaBath, Manager at Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Michael
I hope the young lady had a lovely 16th Birthday, I was in fact the manager on shift that Thursday, I do apologise if I came across this way, was definitely not my intention. Unfortunately the cheesecake you received was not up to standard, maybe I should have explained this further...we were very busy that evening.
I hope to see you again :)
KR