“Lovely food large portions.”

Aqua Restaurant & Bar - Bath
Ranked #38 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Housed in a spectacular former church house, the Aqua Restaurant and Bar is considered one of Bath’s finest Arts and Crafts buildings. The main dining area, gallery and alfresco courtyard provide a theatrical backdrop for the modern European cuisine. Aqua Italia cites a range of Mediterranean influences.In–the-know foodies have long been flocking to Aqua restaurant and bar to enjoy locally sourced produce, Italian coffee, continental beers, Prosecco and Bellini cocktails.
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Me my partner and two friends came as a birthday meal night out. We visited Thursday 23rd march 2017. It was extremely quiet which was quite nice. Beautifully decorated and very clean. We were left a good amount of time to be able to place our orders and drinks came swiftly. However all on our table did find who I'm guessing is the manager a little rude. Me and my friend shared the risotto balls and the beetroot salad which were both amazing! My partner had the carpaccio which he enjoyed and I can't remember what the 4th person ate. Halfway through dinner I popped to the toilet which I thought was situated very oddly....you basically have to walk into the kitchen downstairs to use them....This is where I heard an enormous amount of swearing and shouting. The chefs to one another I presume however on exiting the toilets a kitchen assistant actually shouted sgut up in my face I presume it was aimed at someone in the kitchen. I wasn't impressed. Our mains took a long time to come considering the restaurant was empty. We ordered the rabbit ragu, butternut squash rissoto, chicken and spaghetti and steak with sides of polenta fries, courgettes and spinach which was lovely. I found portions very generous and maybe a little too much? Puddings were equally l9vely and my partners even came out with happy birthday written across the plate in chocolate with a tealight which was cute..considering I can't even remember telling them it was his birthday! Will definitely return and I'm looking forward to trying a Sunday lunch! Hopefully without the obscenities next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Visited for meal on Mother's Day.
Very busy but service superb. Waiting staff were all friendly,knowledgeable and professional.
We both chose the three course Sunday lunch and we were not disappointed. Roast beef was perfectly cooked and accompanied with plenty of fresh seasonal veg.
Food arrived in a timely manner with just the right amount of time between courses.
We would definitely return and would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Came here as part of a hen do for a wine tasting then dinner. The food was excellent I had calamari then seabass. The staff were absolutely lovely and could not have done more to male sure we had a good time!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This is a must-eat restaurent. We emailed a few months in advance to book a few tables (for 22 girls to be exact). They were so helpful to us.It was for a hen party and there was no issue with us being there. They sent on the set menu to us weeks in advance (which was very reasonably priced) - we had to pay a deposit per person which was perfectly fine. We sent our orders in a week before arrival (and they also altered it for two girls (one vegetarian and one coelica). Because we had our orders in advance there was no delay and as soon we ordered our drinks the food arrived. This was perfect as with a large group it is normally typically hard to get the food out together but there was no issue for us at all. They set us up in a seperate room to the main dining room - which worked out for us as we were a loud hen and didnt cause any disturbance to the other diners.The food itself was amazing, so delicious. The staff were so kind/friendly/funny - I actually could not compliement them enough. If I was to return to Bath I would have no hesitation returning here for a meal - it was excellent.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I booked a table here on a weekend away with the family in Bath. The staff were very friendly on entering and the restaurant looked nice. We all ordered from their early dinner deal which I found to be quite reasonable and except from the starters being a little stingy overall the food was nice. The restaurant is hard to find by the way, you may need to ask someone directions but its worth a visit.