“Lovely service and lunch”

The Garricks Head Pub and Dining
Ranked #122 of 638 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated next to the Theatre Royal in the centre of Bath, the Garrick's Head Pub and and Dining Room offers a delicious selection of locally inspired dishes. Using seasonal ingredients and making everything fresh on site the kitchen serves traditional pub dishes such as fresh cod in beer batter with triple cooked chips and "the best burger in Bath" to more complex creations, Venison steak with a mini cottage pie of venison or poached Guinea fowl with wild garlic both popular at the moment. The Garrick's Head is ideally situated for pre Theatre dining as it is directly next door to the theatre so you are only minutes from your seat. Often described as a country pub in the city centre the Garrick's Head has roaring fires, four real ales and over 50 whiskeys, very much a pub with a dining room there are also over 50 seats outside on the terrace, perfect for watching Baths beautiful people come and go.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Visited this weekend for a bite to eat and a drink. Very welcoming and friendly-nothing felt too much trouble. Had the artichoke soup which was very tasty.

1  Thank JanetteG123

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

On a day trip to Bath in the snow, we called into the Garricks Head and chose the fish and chips. Probably the best fish and chips I have ever tasted. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this pub/restaurant.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Worst steaks I've ever had. We ordered rib eye steaks, and all of them were rubbish. Meat was very dry and frankly they were just overcooked( would not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Михаил М
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great early pre theatre dinner the Garrick's Head.

Next to the royal theatre bath, it had audio calls with time to seats for the theatre performances.

A set price for two or three courses. I had the pan fried hake and my wife had the slow roast pork belly. Both very good. Great sticky toffee pudding for dessert!

Our friends arrived for the show and we were able to join them in the bar, add extra drinks to, and pay, our restaurant bill in the bar. Excellent service.

Indeed we and our friends went back after the show for another drink and chat.

Great - thanks very much!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch and quickly decided on the chicken Sunday roast. It was easily the nicest roast I've ever had. The gravy wasn't too rich, the chicken was unbelievably tender, Yorkshires were massive, potatoes heavenly, cauliflower cheese delightful... I could go on. Basically I loved it and if I wasn't a student I'd come here every week for a roast. I didn't think it could get any better, until I had the triple chocolate brownie for dessert. My goodness!! I would happily and easily live on them. I can only say thank you thank you thank you. You made my week with that. ❤️

Recommend to anyone and everyone!!