“Lunch for a very reasonable price.”
Review of Loch Fyne - Bath

Loch Fyne - Bath
Ranked #149 of 635 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$40 - US$83
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Since many years we came here for the lunch on holidays. Fresh fish for a very reasonable price and this year the soft drink or wine where also included. Dirk and Chris

josh m, Manager at Loch Fyne - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Dirk D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. We care about our guests hear at Loch fyne and as well as delivering exceptional sustainable seafood, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service. I am delighted to hear you had such a great time with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Many thanks
Loch fyne
Management team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We had Saturday lunch with friends here, I can’t say that it wasn’t nice but all seemed just OKAY. We didn’t sit at a particularly good table, it was too close to the kitchen with staff throwing pots and pans about for cleaning etc, VERY NOISEY.
Kitchen staff also kept leaving a back door open no matter how many times we had it closed due to a very cold draught.
Our bill was in the region of £140....for an average lunch...no thank you.

josh m, Manager at Loch Fyne - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Peter W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review. We value your feedback as this information helps better our service and highlight key areas for praise and improvement. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the noise from the kitchen and the draught from the back door, which was left open. I have raised this issue with the kitchen team to ensure this doesn't happen again. We endeavour to ensure you have the best possible experience. With this in mind, if you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our site on 01225 750120 and we can resolve this issue.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We visited Loch Fyne last Friday, lured by a free bottle of champagne for my birthday, very generous. Service from our waitress was friendly and attentive. However the food was the problem. I ordered the salt & pepper squid followed by the special of sea bass with greek salad. When the squid arrived the batter was dark brown and soggy. It looked like it had been fried in oil that was not up to temperature. I sent it back and got a second portion which was still very dark bit at least crispy. When my main course arrived the seabass had a very strong flavour of lemon and was overcooked. Having sent my starter back, I was not keen to send the main back as well and perhaps turn my birthday dinner into an experience not to be remembered. All of the other main courses were fine. To make a guess, perhaps lemon juice had been put of the fish too early before cooking therefore “cooking” the fish before it was grilled. It certainly tasted like that. It is such a shame that the cooking process can spoil good basic ingredients. We have had many good meals in Loch Fyne Bath. This, for me was not one of them.

Dear Stusdinners,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review. We value your feedback as this information helps better our service and highlight key areas for praise and improvement. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the quality of your Salt & Pepper Squid and the sea-bass. I have passed on these comments to the our kitchen staff, who have put in place precautions to ensure this issue doesn't occur again. We are passionate about our food here at Loch Fyne Bath and we endeavour to ensure you have the best possible experience. With this in mind, if you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our site on 01225 750120 and we can resolve this issue.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the loch fyne hotel over the weekend and really fancied seafood for dinner, so this was the obvious choice.
My partner and I really fancied mussels and were told when we arrived they had sold out and wouldn’t have any more in until mid September. I’ve read that due to the recent hot weather, more algae has been produced, at a faster rate and has meant the mussels have higher levels of toxins as this is what they feed off. This isn’t the restaurant’s fault at all; however they had also ran out of crab and lobster during our visit.

My partner’s starter was the chilli and garlic prawns and there was hardly any taste to them. I wonder whether they had been marinated before cooking as they didn’t taste as though they had.

The mains were nice- I had sea bream with a salsa verde and sides. My partner had a hake dish but at £17 per main, were definitely overpriced - especially given the portion size.

My overall view is that any chain of restaurant has to work hard to stay ahead of the game - loch fyne restaurants might be losing their unique flare, especially in Bath where they have the majority of the seafood market. Very central location and so much more could be done with the food.

Dear 82Lottie,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review. We value your feedback as this information helps better our service and highlight key areas for praise and improvement. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the quality of the garlic and chilli prawns. I have raised this issue with the kitchen team to ensure it doesn't happen again. I have passed on these comments to the our kitchen staff, who have put in place precautions to ensure this issue doesn't occur again. We are passionate about our food here at Loch Fyne Bath and we endeavour to ensure you have the best possible experience. With this in mind, if you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our site on 01225 750120 and we can resolve this issue.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The Loch Fyne chain of restaurants are usually quite consistent in food and service, the food at the Bath restaurant was no different, unfortunately the service this time let them down.
When entering the restaurant we were advised of a 10 minute wait before the table was ready, ok so no problem, we were offered seats in the wait area and left to wait.
Other guests that entered after us were given menus to look at so we waited until we got to the table before we were given ours.
While waiting the maitre spilt water on the table and used my wife’s serviette to clear it up without replacing it.
We were informed of a couple of items not being available on the menu, no big deal, it was a Bank holiday so possibly no deliveries over the weekend.
I ordered oysters to start followed by a second starter followed by the main. The second starter came, no oysters, the maitre said they were on their way, it took a couple of reminders until the waitress came with the mains, still no oysters. So I said not to bother with them.
The problem here is the maitre taking the order and the waitress just delivering the food, the waitress has no idea what we’ve ordered until the food is put on the serving hatch telling where to take it.
These might appear to be small trivialities, but when you’re paying nearly £80 for a meal for 2 you want the service to match your expectations.
When you order, just make sure the maitre is up to the job.

josh m, Manager at Loch Fyne - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Bryan H,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review. We value feed back such as yours to maintain consistency threw out.
I would like to apologise for your disappointments during your visit with us here at Loch fyne Bath. These issues will be addressed with the team immediately. If you wish to discus your visit further please do not hesitate to contact us direct on 01225750120 or via email on lochfyne@bath.net.

Loch fyne