“Outstanding Fish every time”

Pollocks Fish and Chips
Ranked #205 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

A super little take away no frills fish and chip shop.

Claire cooks from order so no fish is hanging around. Light crisp batter, decent size and decent price.

The chips are the chunky real deal cooked in beef dripping. I prefer the 'greasy' chips so it losses a point, but that really is preference.

Curry Sauce, Mushy Peas are awesome also. Won't let you down.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Recently decided to have a traditional English Fish n Chip supper. I went with the haddock the missus had the cod to go with our chips. We also chose a portion of curry sauce.

Everything was cooked to perfection, lovely white flakey fish with a golden crisp batter, the chips were non greasy, the best I've had in a long time. Full marks for the curry sauce too, the perfect accompaniment.

If you want a proper traditional takeaway with good portions at a reasonable price then give this a try..... it's
the absolute Cods Pollocks !

Reviewed 15 July 2017

**Great food** and the first time, in a long time, I've been excited by chips... I should get out more... Perfectly cooked and truly delicious!!!

1  Thank Gary M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered this evening via deliveroo but when the order arrived an item was missing. Rang Pollocks who gave me various options for how they would rectify it and chose for deliveroo to bring out the missing item. They then rang back as deliveroo were unable to or unwilling to do so, so they sent my missing item (a much larger portion than what I ordered) by taxi! Going over and above anything I would expect. The food was also delicious and so I will be ordering again in the future. Wonderful place.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit and I think these are the best fish and chips in Bath. The chips are amazing and the cod and plaice are both beautifully cooked with lovely crisp batter. The home-made tartar sauce is also really lovely . I think this is much better value than other pricier chip shops. We will be back.

1  Thank Phil W