“Good food ”

Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum
Ranked #99 of 635 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sally Lunn's - The oldest house in Bath
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

But my husband got a stone in his food which caused a lot of pain. They didn’t charge us for his meal, however it’s worrying there was a stone in the food!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,825)

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The Bath tea was absolutely delicious... fluffy bun with cinnamon butter and cream! My boyfriend really enjoyed his breakfast bun. I would say it’s really pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We stopped by while in Bath for the weekend. If you stay in a local hotel or hostel they will give you a little card which you can use for discounts including Sally Lunn's.

We ordered 3 buns and they were just delicious.
Don't plan on eating anything else for the rest of the day.

Definitely recommend this experience

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Spent a few days in Bath and as we had been to Sally Lunns previously thought we would go again. I had scrambled egg on half a bun, portion size of eggs was not great, supposed to be 3 eggs must have been small ones which at a cost of approx £7.50 was in my opinion overpriced. The service was efficient. The waiter did what he had to do and did it well but without being welcoming. I was so disappointed. I was really looking forward to returning to the shop. This place is lovely, has a great historic atmosphere and understand why people want to visit. I personally found it overpriced and fairly average.

BathBunnMan, Owner at Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thanks for returning Dawn. I was a little alarmed by your review as I was worried you had been over charged - the scrambled breakfast includes house leaf tea and is £7.38. And yes we do indeed use 3 'happy' eggs for each scrambled bunn. Your disappointment is so sad to read as we have clearly delighted you in the past - please get in touch with owner@sallylunns.co.uk and come again as my guest? So sorry. Jonathan

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for the obligatory tourist experience. Buns were nice and staff were friendly and service good but still felt a bit touristy.

BathBunnMan, Owner at Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your visit and positive feedback about our bunns and the friendly service. When you return, perhaps try us for dinner? The experience is an altogether different one - much less busy, unique local menu and a chance to soak up the atmosphere of Bath's oldest house by candlelight. It also allows our delightful team to shower you with yet more of our famous hospitality too. Thank you again for your visit and feedback. Best wishes - Jonathan, Owner.