2,106 results
All reviews cloisters restaurant conservatory bar hand picked hotels handpicked hotels new wing lovely hotel the main house executive room coffee machine afternoon tea fresh milk in the fridge buffet style on arrival main restaurant city centre every member of staff dvd player
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stayed here one night on a prosecco deal, very welcoming reception from the staff and the concierge Warwick is very proud of the hotel and certainly knows all about Bath and the surroundings.
As other reviewers have mentioned the hotel comprises an original house with a large modern extension.
We were grateful to receive a complementary upgrade to the Lord Nelson Room in the main house which was excellent with air conditioning and a large bathroom with a big roll top bath and separate shower. The room was spotless and had everything we needed apart possibly from steps to get into the bath.
We had drinks in the lounge before having a meal in the restaurant in the main house, the restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive even though the restaurant was very busy.
The food was excellent, my wife had the white chocolate desert that she said was so good she wanted to lick the plate.
We had a good nights sleep and went for breakfast in the modern extension, the breakfast room was down a series of narrow corridors and was very busy with some tables so close together that you could not get your breakfast without disturbing other people, if we had known we would have come earlier or later to avoid the crowds.
The breakfast service was OK with the staff slightly overwhelmed by the number of guests, food was plentiful and of good quality.
Overall an excellent visit and the friendly and knowledgeable staff certainly enhanced our stay
We will return in the future the only reason for a 4 rather than a 5 was the poor breakfast experience which I'm sure the management must be aware of

Room Tip: Avoid breakfast around 9am to avoid the crowds during peak season
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ParkfieldRoad
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear ParkfieldRoad,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we could afford you a complimentary upgrade into one of our feature bedrooms. Sorry that your breakfast experience was not as relaxed as you would have liked and your feedback will be shared with our restaurant manager shortly. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My wife and I stayed for two (2) nights at the Bailbrook House during our visit to Bath. We booked the reservation on line. Caution: The site was a little misleading as it shows beautiful rooms in the Old Bailbrook House. Most of the rooms are in the modern building in the back of the hotel and not in the old Bailbrook House.

Aside from this little detail, everything was great. The room (in the modern building) was spacious, had all the modern amenities to include air conditioning, iron, ironing board and refrigerator. However, our bathroom was a little awkward. The side glass panel over the bath tub was inefficient in preventing water from leaking out when taking a shower. The result is that you have a lot of water on the floor. Also, our bathroom did not have a window or fan, and the evacuation of mist/steam/odors was not possible.

Breakfast in the dining room was awesome!. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, croissants, etc. The waiting staff is very pleasant and courteous.

A menu a la carte is also available and I give the kitchen staff 5 stars. The kippered herring I ordered, was the best I had in a long time and I extended my compliments to the Chef. Also, the kitchen staff can discretely replenish the buffet with the use of sliding wall panels that connects the dining room to the kitchen. Very efficient.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Andrew W,
Thank you so much for writing your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the bedroom you were allocated along with the in-room amenities. Sorry that the shower sprayed on to the floor (I have asked our maintenance team to look at this). Your kind feedback in relation to your breakfast experience will be shared with the team in due course.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Everything very good from location which was within easy distance of Bath and motorway,all the facilities were good,lovely spacious room/good bathroom and spotlessly clean with quiet air con!,Staff very helpful and breakfast very good.Hotel restaurant was a little pricey but plenty of local options within walking distance which staff happily directed us to.Would stay again without a doubt.One of the few hotels that actually delivered on what they advertised.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear paul j,
Thank you for your kind review. Whilst pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us I am sorry that you found the prices in our Cloisters restaurant to be expensive. I do hope this will not deter you from using the hotel again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary. Our room was fantastic as was breakfast. All staff very helpful especially the concierge and waiting staff in cloisters. Food in cloisters was faultless with amazing views and setting. Lots of extras such as bottled water each day, gym bags and yoga bags for your room and champagne on our anniversary.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna K
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Lorna K,
Thank you for your review and congratulations on your anniversary. I'm really pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We returned to Bailbrook to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary of getting married there. We got the beautiful Jane Austin suite with chocolates and a really touching, handwritten note - I’ve never had that in a hotel before and found it really lovely. The front desk are super friendly and helpful and the place has really benefited from the upgrade they’ve done since our wedding. Breakfast was great and the cooked to order menu really outstanding. Friendly service again. I can’t recommend the hotel enough and no doubt we will be returning for future wedding anniversaries and trips to Bath. Thanks so much! Jo and James.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jo and James,
Welcome back and congratulations on your 6th wedding anniversary. Your kind review will be shared with the team in due course who will be thrilled that you had such a great stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards