1,824 results
All reviews complimentary mini bar thermal pools complimentary bottle of champagne morning and evening bath spa hotel guests courtyard room booking direct amazing hotel turn down service journey home nespresso machine truffle special treat afternoon tea lovely touch little touches
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband and i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. On arrival we were checked in very efficiently and had our bags taken to the room. The room we stayed in was on the 3rd floor. The room was pleasant and quiet with good facilities. Both a kettle and coffee maker. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean. The mini bar is included in the room and was well stocked with beer, soft drinks . and water. The staff at the hotel were really helpful and gave us some good tips on restaurants and bars we could go to.
The use of the spa is complimentary at certain times of the day which is a little frustrating, unless you book a treatment in which case you can use it all day. The spa had a steam room and sauna along with an small ice room. It was also clean and well looked after. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: 3rd floor a good view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shajan
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing stay at the Gainsborough. So helpful and friendly. Arrived early and was checked in early. Rob at check in was so helpful and welcoming showing us around and giving recommendations. Used the spa in the evening (fantastic, the Georgian hot chocolate was amazing). Breakfast was so tasty! Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Me and my husband would recommend this hotel. We loved everything about it and had the most wonderful time. The staff were wonderful and attentive, we would recommend it many thanks and we will be back watch out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Usually I wait until checkout to write a review, but The Gainsborough has made me so happy that I'm writing an early review. The desk staff is exceptionally attentive. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The hotel is located an easy walk to great restaurants. And, best of all, if you like gin the hotel bar is heaven.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Couldn't be closer to the main attractions in Bath. And the spring water is piped right in to the spa. Staff is friendly and efficient. Rooms are good sized and well appointed. I highly recommend this property for a couple's weekend or for a bit of a family retreat.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family