“Beautiful food ”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ponte Vecchio restaurant is set in possibly Baths most scenic eating location next to the world famous Pulteney Bridge and river Avon. We serve the best of Italian cuisine in our elegant dining area or maybe a coffee, beer or cocktail on our veranda or outdoor terrace. Choose from our varied menu and enjoy an authentic freshly made pizza, a plate of fresh pasta or perhaps a succulent steak. All this and more, plus a daily selection of special dishes. Our wine list contains a varied and interesting selection of the very best of Italian wines specially chosen by ourselves to give great value for money together with outstanding quality. Also chilled Italian lager, Czech beer, West Country cider, soft drinks and of course delicious coffees either served from the bar or to accompany your meal. We are always happy to help with planning that special celebration whether a Birthday, Anniversary, or any other special occasion. Just talk to us and let us advise on how to make your important day very special.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for a meal of friends together.

The food was good and tasty
The atmosphere was ok but quiet as mid week late evening.

We all had different for dishes I had pasta which was flavoursome and beautiful and my friends had chicken and the other the lasagna rich and beautiful.

The wine was great as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We only arrived in Bath this evening and were recommended to this restaurant by our concierge, and happy we were. Thankfully we knew of the restaurant and an idea of where it was but it really needs a sign on the top street directing you down to the river walk, because we almost missed it.
We were too tired for anything other than mains but what we had were delicious. I can honestly say that my “Paccheri Genovese” was one of the best Italian meals that I have had. Although not as big as some other Italian meals that I have had elsewhere it had depths of flavours in the sauce and fresh delicious pasta. My wife also greatly enjoyed her Parmagiana but we will be returning for her to try my meal. I must say the Tasari red wine was a great accompaniment and I’ll be looking for that label elsewhere.
Great service and nothing was a problem, including a blanket for my cold Aussie shoulders.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Spent a lovely evening here. The staff were amazing!! So friendly and helpful and accommodating especially for a family member who struggles with mobility and an autistic child. We were met at the door and all through the evening the staff looked after us exceptionally. Would really recommend a visit. Food was lovely too. As we were a party of 18 we had pre-ordered and the meal came very quickly.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived late, weren't sure if we should go in or not, but a very friendly front of house man (I believe he had an American accent) asked us if we wanted to come in. It was late!

We came in we were offered a taste of each beer to see which one we liked.

The staff asked the kitchen if we could still sit to eat and then took us to a really nice table on the balcony, overseeing the bath canal and famous bridge.

The dishes were really well and professionally presented. 5 star.

The staff were amazing and even though we felt horrible and stressed for being here so late, they made us feel welcome and treated us really well.

Food was good and staff were fun!

Recommended and thank you

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous little place. Amazing food and service. The staff were super friendly & welcoming. The food was brilliant & such generous portion sizes! The best thing is.... the bill was reasonably priced. All in all, a fab evening!