“English “Schlager” Bar”

Volunteer Riflemans Arms
Ranked #136 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We have been in the VRA at a Friday evening about 10pm. Very funny and loud English Music. Wonderful! We like it! One point minus: Too much foreign Lager Beers (Peroni, Heineken, Amstel). No English Lager. Ales are available. We will come back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Am an ex squaddie of 13 years service. Served in N.Ireland during the troubles, Bosnia during the war and the Middle East in early 2000s. Am now a cop and have been for 14 years. Thought I had found my home in this pub after returning to my native Somerset. Spent a happy couple of hours in here on my own minding my own business. Right up until the point two old oxygen bandit locals started a conversation referring to the police as “pigs” and pointing at a couple of tourists walking past in Muslim headdress and making comment. Gutted. These are the sort of people I served my country for? To be fair, not the barman I have to say, who was friendly.

Not a welcoming place if you are an ex serviceman who is now a cop.

Am gutted. Wanted to love this pub.

Am sure it would be great if it wasn’t for small minded bigots.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank somerset1611
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Stumbled across this little gem whilst in Bath today, very friendly and helpful staff and had a cracking bowl of Cheesy nachos! I know, I know not exactly enough to review the restaurant fully but it hit the spot today! If we lived in Bath it would definitely be our local ;) ;) ;)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

4 of us Visited Bath today, looking for somewhere for lunch and stumbled upon this place where we were all very pleased with what we ordered. The food was very reasonable served quickly and tasted great. Barman and chef were very pleasant and attentive, a proper pub and if I lived in Bath its one I feel I would frequent often.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Nice pub in a quiet little street. The beer was very good and everyone was friendly, and we'll definitely go back.

Date of visit: July 2018