“Excellent Sunday lunch”

The Wheelwrights Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wheelwrights Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Booked here while out for a walk through 'The Two Tunnels' from Bath to Midford.
Food (Beef & Pork roasts) were of very good quality, if served a little too quickly after ordering. Service is polite and professional.
Would come back next time we are walking near by

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Lovely lunch, great service, heeded request for quieter table due to dining with elderly relative, so we were seated in a cosy nook of restaurant with its own fireplace, so it felt like a private dining experience.

The food was delicious, really fresh quality ingredients. It was a midweek lunch, so as a group we had a mix of ppl ordering from the excellent value set menu as well as the more diverse and interesting al a carte version.

Portion sizes were a kin to what you would expect with fine dining, but equally as a venue firmly in the gastro pub end of the spectrum, I feel like they could be more generous!

Overall I really enjoyed lunch here and would come again. The decor is quaint, the location is excellent, and it has a car park, which whilst tricky to get into on a first visit, given the narrow lane and sharp turn, is a huge plus point!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This Pub/Restaurant is not far from (walking distance) from Waterhouse Hotel who recommended it. Cosy, trendy small restaurant under the management of a lot of women?? Anyway top food, good service. Many Thanks and Kindest Regards.
Tip: Ask some flashlights at WaterhouseHotel, for wen the Guests go back in the dark to the Hotel! :)

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We went for an evening meal at this hotel as it was the most convenient place to eat. The pub looked like a corridor with tables and a bar in it. The food was ok. The service was very slow. The pub , on the night we were there, appeared to be run by young people who weren't very coordinated . I refused to pay the service charge as I felt it was not warranted . The food is expensive for what is served. I wouldn't go back, nor would I recommend this establishment .

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a one night stop over. The food is ok, probably better than your average pub food. Staff ok, but, we did not sleep for the whole night. My husband stayed in a room by the car park with people coming and going, banging on doors, until the early hours. My son and I shared a twin room the other side of the building, the bathroom window was opposite the kitchens and had no covering. There appears to be a problem with the water pipes, they banged the whole night - so loud I had to turn the TV on all night to try and drown the noise- it sounded like someone was in the bathroom. We left at 6:30 am, luckily we had settled the bill after dinner the previous evening.