See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is when you get to check out. Never, have my human rights been so violated in all of my 29 years. no cups in the rooms, no cups at reception. Tap water not suitable for drinking, holes in bed sheets. Bathroom was hairy and dirty. Staff no help at all clearly just there for a wage. Overall i would not recommend this hotel, thank goodness im home

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen D
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this place as there was nothing else available under 100 pounds a night in Bath, midweek Bath is obviously popular. At 70 pounds a night, it was an absolute disgrace, shabby, tired and worn out. A tiny room, an even smaller bathroom, minuscule sink, carpet the colour of woven vomit, no Wifi, and (probably just as well), no breakfast. No elevators in a three story building, the only positive I could find was that my room was at the back and was quiet. If you are thinking of staying here, don’t!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights as a little get away for a weekend . Overall very disappointed. We get to the venue and not even greeted by the man behind reception . We get up to the counter and say we booked a room. He spends ages finding us and accusing us of not booking yet I had all confirmations in front of him . He finally finds our rooms . Made to pay the minute we walk in. £170 for two nights ... fine but when the man behind reception says and I quote .. “ you better have the right amount i ain’t giving change away” to a 18 and 19 year old . But disrespectful. . Just as well we had the right amount . It was very rude and off putting . When we got up to the room it was very clean but tiny . Small double bed, desk with mirror wardrobe to the side and a table with a 30 by 15 cm tv that didn’t even work! The floorboards creeked the bed creeked to the point you say still on the bed and all you could hear was everything creeking. About 10cm around the bed space . The bathroom was a decent size however we couldn’t get the shower to work and the radiator was on so high it was melting the plastic bath mat which could have led to a fire if I didn’t turn it off . The room was stuffy the windows wouldn’t open and we had two child size pillows on the bed . Sheets not tucked in the bed just looked like it hadn’t been changed just thrown together. The WiFi didn’t work in half the hotel only the reception area and ther was no bar or kitchen. In the room the bathroom sink was not drinking water and was warm until you let it run for at least ten minutes so just to brush our teeth took twenty minutes . The only reason they are ever fully booked up is because of the location . A ten minute walk to bath Southgate shopping centre . Every time we left and entered the building the man behind reception would stare and make you feel uncomfortable. Did not like staying here one bit . If you want the location there is a 4 star 1 red rosette hotel opposite the Redcar. Much better going there.. probably more expensive but definitely more worth it than paying £170 for two adults two nights. Especially as I was the one who payed to stay here and on £3 a hour as a apprentice. Was expecting a lot more.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhiannon Claire E
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

No kettle I'm rooms , my showers in the family room for first 2 weeks was rubbish could spit harder ,but the rooms and the beds where comfortable, even if the television wad the size of a postage stamp, the 3rd week in a single room the shower with great but the bed with very uncomfortable staff seemed friendly and the location is brilliant if you are a tourist and want a place near the center I was there on business and wanted a bit more to relax in .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We stayed here for one night. Accommodation was basic but adequate; the room was clean and the bathroom was good. The location off Laura Place is good and very handy for the city centre; it's within credible walking distance of the railway and bus stations. The hotel doesn't serve breakfast but there are several cafes nearby which do; the nearest are on Pulteney Bridge. Parts of the place could do with refurbishment (and the provision of tea and coffee making facilities would help). Don't expect luxuries like a lift, but the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs, ask for a room close to the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple