“Yummy!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Gorgeous food and great service! We had an unexpected brilliant evening here, as we just happened to stumble across this restaurant which seemed in a remote place. Lovely people and well yummy food! As we sat, we realised that it was filling up very quickly, so we weren't the only ones to discover it! Best Indian food we've had in ages!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Very, very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Called into the Bombay King on the way back to Bath. I ate here about 2 years ago. On that occasion the food was ok and was fairly typical, standard fayre. I expected more of the same. I have to say that we were more than pleasantly surprised.

We didn't have starters or pappadoms, to be honest I don't understand why people have a first course when eating Indian food; I would rather spend the money on extra dishes to accompany the meal. Anyway enough of my rant ;-))

I chose a Nepali lamb curry called 'Nepali Root' which was beautifully spiced predominantly with root ginger, absolutely delicious. My partner chose Chicken Passanda which is a mild creamy coconut and almond curry, similar to a Korma. The curry was mild but it wasn't bland, as is often the case. The portions of rice were large which was another pleasant surprise, as more often than not the portion of rice dished up in other curry houses is ridiculously small. Our Pershwari Naan was hot, yummy and packed with coconut as opposed to the usual token sprinkling. The Tarka Dahl was very tasty and was a nice consistancy, compared to some of the wishy washy ones I've been served elsewhere in the past. We also had a Saag Aloo and a Brinjal Bargi (Aubergine) which were lovely.

We spoke briefly with the owner as we were leaving and he informed us that he had taken on a new Chef who had previously worked at 'Chutney Marys' on the Kings Road. If you ever get the oppurtunity Chutney Marys is a restaurant that you really must visit, it will truly open your eyes to the vast array of flavours and spices offered by India.

Anyway, the meal was wonderful. The cost was about £36.00 which included a glass of wine and a soda water. The service was attentive and polite. The restaurant itself was a Public House in a previous life. My only gripe would be the decor. Everything is basically white, well, the walls are. I think that a few nice pictures/paintings would help to give the place a more homely feel.

UK
“Fantastic food and such friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was travelling on business and was recommended this restaurant. I am glad that I went there. I wasn't sure what to eat but the friendly waiting staff offered plenty of suggestions and having found out my likes and dislikes arranged for the chef to create a chef's special. This was absolutely brilliant - a lamd tikka dish with an almost medium sweet and sour sauce. Really ample quantity even for my large appetite. I was almost tempted to go back there the next night. The only thing lacking was that I was the only customer in the whole restaurant - such a great pity that such nice food is not seemingly appreciated by the locals.

1 Thank Toffeeman54
Radstock, United Kingdom
“Authentic Asian & Nepalese cuisine at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Clearly fresh food and very well presented, especially the Chef's recommendations . Try the Nepalese dishes, quite different from the Indian cuisine and truly delicious (My opinion based on many happy visits to The Gurkha Palace Aldershot home of the Gurkha's) no anglicised version here. Very friendly, light and airy, huge car park,immaculate toilets.
Take away service and free delivery offered.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank baiganmassala
Bath
“Family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Great food. Friendly staff. Nothing too much trouble - even for a fussy eater like me.