1,021 results
All reviews hardy room teddy bears homemade granola bronte room canal towpath tow path continental breakfast lovely walk walk into town warm welcome visit bath beautiful house little touches drawing room boutique hotel single room stayed for two nights
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Tasburgh House is a lovely little oasis that we discovered to stay as my husband and I were attending a wedding in Bath,we were lucky to be staying for three nights but would have liked a little longer.
The hotel is decorated very tastefully,and of good quality,Sue the proprietor and her staff are very friendly and so helpful,The breakfast was DELICIOUS ,one of the best!
The location of the hotel is just outside the hustle and bustle of Bath but with very easy access and a beautiful walk from the the grounds of the hotel along the canal.
Yes I certainly would recommend Tasburgh House and shall look forward to returning. In

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Stayed for two nights in July during the heatwave !. Greeted on arrival by the owner Sue and told I had been upgraded to The Hardy room at no extra cost. . although on my own I had a beautiful gold and white double bedded rom with stunning views across the Salisbury hills.. sitting in bed at night and watching the myriad of twinkling lights in the distance was magical. Although I am not a drinker myself I would say that their small bar was extremely well stocked for the discerning clientele. The hotel grounds are stunning and situated on several different levels..leading to the River Avon .my bathroom was very large and well appointed, although if you prefer to use proper soap, take your own, as it is supplied in a wall container but not near the shower, although shower gel is supplied.. im being picky here.. whilst there is a tray with tea, coffee sugar you are asked to call reception for fresh milk. Mine was supplied in a small flask which unfortunately did not stay fresh for my early morning tea....agqan, I could have called reception but prefer not to face the world first thing in the morning !!!...
Overall, I can say my stay at The Tasburgh House was absolutely beautiful. The staff were very friendly, courteous and couldn't do enough for you, especially the breakfast young man, Peter. Breakfast on the terrace was gorgeous, whilst eating in the conservatory was stylish and elegant and a 5 star experience. . Sue asked me for any comments good or bad....one little thing I could have made use of was a fan in the bedroom although we were experiencing a very unusual English heatwave. A few weeks ago I did stay in a very small unassuming guest house in wales and all bedrooms had a fan.
Many thanks Sue for taking my case up the rather steep driveway for me on my departure
If you are staying here and wish to discover Bath i Iwill say that there is a bus stop into Bath from the top of the driveway which had I been staying longer would have been useful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and had a lovely stay. The hotel and gardens are gorgeous,and the owner and staff most welcoming. We enjoyed breakfast in the conservatory and drinks in the drawing room. The owner helped us out with restaurant recommendations, dinner reservations and more. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My husband and I loved Tasburgh House. The property feels like it's out of a Merchant Ivory film—luscious English countryside, a beautifully appointed hotel, and Sue and her staff took care of all our needs. Oh, and the breakfasts—wow! Also, I recommend you ditch the car at the hotel and walk into town and cab back. It's a gorgeous stroll along the canals. I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: We were in the Hardy room—it's cozy, though big enough for us tall people. And worth it for the fabulous view of the grounds.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We stayed in the Tennyson room which was lovely and had great views of the beautiful gardens to Bath beyond. We had drinks on the terrace as the weather was really good as was the service from Sue and the team. Everyone was happy to help all the time. Great choice of quality breakfast items as well. The walk to Bath via the gardens and the canal is well worth doing and if you don’t fancy walking back a taxi is just £6. Loads to do in Bath but our favourites were the Thermae Spa roof top pool, Corkage wine bar, chapel row and Yak Yeti Yak for Nepalese food. We’ll be back as soon as we can.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple