All reviews steep hill newly refurbished hotel lovely hotel country feel park and ride bus continental selection double shower milsom street hotel is situated breakfast and dinner stayed longer decent size town centre our room was spacious parking space stayed for one night fresh fruit
Reviewed 5 August 2018

A lovely hotel within walking distance of the town. Beautifully refurbished with a high standard of catering. The one evening meal we booked in this hotel was excellent. A great breakfast buffet in a pleasant dining room. The bedrooms are spacious with good bathrooms. Extremely clean throughout. Helpful and friendly staff. It is situated up a steep hill from the city centre but a bus does pass the door. You have to pay £10.00 a night to park and book the space in advance!

Room Tip: Upper floors quieter. Room 319 had a good view of Bath as the hotel is up a hill.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 10 August 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comments. The team work hard to make sure you enjoy every minute of your stay, so this will be wonderful share.
We do hope you will visit us again very soon.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Booking- We booked through booking.com, I paid £320 for four nights in the ‘cosy room’

The room- ‘The cosy room’ I was a bit worried that this room was going to be very small by the name but it was a very good size. It was an attic room so there was parts on the ceiling that was low but as two short people (5ft1 & 5ft5) it wasn’t a problem at all for us. If you are tall then I wouldn’t recommend this room mainly for the shower as there is a low beam and I imagine if you were tall you would have to crouch in the shower. The room itself was beautiful, lovely decor amazing view of the hole city.

Staff- On check in we were offered fresh lemonade and biscuits, the man that checked us in was very friendly and polite, a lovely man also carried out suitcase from the car park to the lift.

Carpark- The car park is charged at £10 a day which we were billed for at the end of our stay. The useful thing about the carpark is know you have somewhere to park for the hole stay as your space is reserved (with a cone).

The hotel- Beautiful hotel, inside and outside. We did get woken up every morning at 8 o’clock as there is a hotel getting built across the road and the builders are very noisy, but understandably this is not the hotels fault.

The bed- This is why I haven’t given the hotel 5 stars. I did not manage to sleep well at all because of the bed. The bed had a lot of ditches in it which made it impossible to get comfy, the duvet is so tick it felt like a big weight on top of us and the pillows , either 1 is to low or 2 is to high. Such a shame that this let the hotel down. I suggest a new bed in room 306 and maybe different duvets during summer time as I imagine in the cold the duvet are brilliant but in the summer they are to much, even with the window open and the fan turned on full.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 August 2018

Hi there, thank you for your comments and I'm so pleased you had a good stay with us.
We've had a exceptionally warm summer and it has been difficult to keep the rooms cool, but I'll feed this back to the team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Staff: extremely professional and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. They looked very smart in tweed waistcoats.

Hotel: beautifully decorated and clean. Great location, close to the city centre. There is a steep hill but buses run every 15mins (no 31) and cost just £1.

Rooms: we were upgraded to a superior room free of charge. Again, beautifully decorated. Very comfortable bed and fantastic shower.

Food: breakfast was amazing. Great service. Wide variety of food (smoothies, water melon, full English etc).

Overall, this hotel is excellent and we would definitely return, we loved our stay at the classy Country Living Hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redross83
Management response:Responded 9 August 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comments, I'll pass them back to the team. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

very over priced , breakfast seperate , we did not eat in we went out , no lift , bit to posh for us , car parking extra even for a blue badge ,its a bit far from central bath if u dont have transportor want to leave the car at the hotel then its up a great big hill nearly did me in ,

Stayed: May 2018
Management response:Responded 9 August 2018

Hi Sara, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our pricing is a reflection of the quality of your stay and the high standards we have within the hotel. Saying that, the team are always friendly and welcoming and would assist with any travel arrangements in and out of the city.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

we stayed at this hotel last year and it was great so we returned again this year it has had a massive upgrade and revamp and it has turned out wonderfull,new carpets throughout rooms re-decorated new showers and toilets,we were there last week the staff are wonderfull so helpful and very friendly nothing is to much for them,they all work as a team and its great,the food is plentyfull and good you can choose from two menus the gardens are well laid out with tables and chairs to sit and enjoy a drink,if you are taking a bus to the town centre the stop is about 25 yds down the hill and the number 31 runs about every 15 minutes and drops you of just before the traffic lights on the way back,if you fancy a train trip you can get to Cardiff in just over the hour with a senior railcard it costs £14,28 return,there is a fantastic museum of bath a short walk from the hotel just down the hill turn right into morford street and there is a small alley on your left half way down the road takes you to the main doors it opens at 10.30 and you will enjoy it ,the first coach arrived there on the Monday since the revamp and I think they enjoyed it as well,this is to my mind a wonderfull place to stay and I wish them all the best for the future as they can carry on with their good name well done all.

Room Tip: the third floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 August 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your wonderful review and hints & tips.
We hope to see you again very soon.