1,289 results
All reviews hop pole inn wedding venue lovely old building buffet style minute drive bit dated lovely hotel water pressure local pub kippers stayed for one night two night stay short break tea and coffee lovely room visit bath bath city centre
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had originally booked a night in this hotel for the day of the really bad snow. When I rang to explain that the journey would be too treacherous to stay there the receptionist had no hesitation and offered us an alternative stay. This was despite the package I had booked suggesting there could be no cancellation.

On arrival there was plenty of space in the car park and we were checked in promptly and given a very large room with two chairs and a desk nd a huge bed.

Unfortunately due to the size of the room it was very cold so we rang the receptionist to ask what time the heating would be on. We were told 6pm but they asked if we would like a mobile heater. This was delivered promptly and it took the chill off the room.
The radiator in the room never did work, despite telling reception twice more. If it had not been for this problem we would have given this hotel five stars.

The shower was good and the big, white, fluffy towels were appreciated.

The bar had a great atmosphere and there was a roaring fire.

The service in the restaurant was good and we enjoyed the food.

Value for money here was excellent and next time we are heading to Bath we will return here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Bootsieban,

Thank you for your complimentary review. We are always more than happy to hear about the positive experiences we provide our guests.

Our staff aim to put the guest first every time, so I am very pleased to hear they were able to cater to you following the cold weather over the weekend. We will always try to be as flexible as possible with our arrangements to best suit your needs. I am happy to hear you were able to warm up and enjoy the comforting food and atmosphere at our cosy country hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Bath. Don't forget to book direct for the best rates and available offers, either through our website or by calling us on 01225 723333.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed the evening here whilst visiting bath for a weekend. The property is in a beautiful setting and it was snowing this weekend which added to that. We were greater by a very polite man at reception. He made clear there was a wedding on but we were able to use all facilities still Including the bar. We did not use this and instead got a taxi to bath town for £15.
The room was very clean and tidy and the best was exceptionally comfy. Our double was two singles put together but this gave no issues and it just mean there was lots of room. If visiting area again would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Adam P

Dear Adam P,

Thank you for such a complimentary review following your stay at the Limpley Stoke Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the spectacular views of the valley from the comfort of our charming Georgian hotel. Our staff work hard to ensure guests feel welcome and comfortable, so I will pass your kind words onto them.

I am very glad to hear you found our hotel convenient for your trips to the historic city of Bath, and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again. Don't forget to book direct for the best rates and available offers, either through our website or by calling the hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Where to start , we arrived on Friday to the rudest concierge I have ever met, we were not informed nor offered breakfast, we booked the superior room for two nights for my wife’s birthday, the room was shocking, dated , the carpet dirty, no not dirty stained and looked filthy see pics, the chair had stains of what I cannot fathom , see pics, the shower was Luke warm at best, we decided to try breakfast in the restaurant which I have reviewed separately, for £12 it’s a waste of money. This is not what we were expecting, I can only think the higher reviews were people on a wedding party of their head on processo.... don’t waste your time and book here avoid at all costs.

3  Thank hobbitrsa

Dear Russ P,

Thank you for your review.

I am highly disappointed to hear about your recent visit to our country hotel. Our staff are often praised for their warm and welcoming nature and I sincerely apologise for your experience on this occasion.

The comfort and cleanliness of our rooms is of the utmost importance to us and I am sorry your stay was not up to standard. If a problem is reported, our hotel staff and duty managers are readily available and will always offer guests alternative rooms when possible to ensure you are comfortable throughout your visit.

I can assure you that your comments will be passed down to all our staff here at the Limpley Stoke, and serve to provide guests with a better experience in future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Stayed here as a party of 8. Hotel is like a large country house set in a small hilly village. Its just outside Bath and is a few miles from a park and ride. We arrived early so had lunch in the bar - the sandwiches were large, fresh and delicious and were reasonably priced.We also had teas etc which are all served with homemade biscuits. The bar is not staffed and we had to ring for service but nothing was too much trouble for the waiter. Two rooms were ready so some of our party were able to book in. The rest of us asked if we could check in & collect keys later but the receptionist was quite rude saying no and didn't offer any explanation as to why not. All our rooms were on the top floor - its a bit of a warren with lots of little staircases but there were lots of signs. Our room was lovely with a large bed, decent furniture, good size TV and was spotless. The bathroom was also a good size with a bath although the floor was a little tatty & needed replacing. The shower was an electric one over the bath but what a disaster! It took ages to find a correct temperature & then it would go hot and cold -should haves just had a bath! The room had a small window and although we were comfy I think it could get very hot in summer.
Breakfast was served in a beautiful room - mainly buffet but you ordered your eggs : the poached ones were perfect. There is plenty of parking and lovely views across the valley. It is a quiet hotel and I'm sure it has lots of staff but they aren't very visible - we had to ring at the bar and at reception several times for someone and had the distinct impression we were disturbing them , especially at reception and they could have been friendlier.
There is a pub at the bottom of the drive which serves good home cooked food and there are plenty of walks in the area, especially near the canal.

Stayed: March 2018
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear threecounties,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review. I am delighted to hear the idyllic country setting of the Limply Stoke hotel suited your needs and allowed easy access to the historic city of Bath. The restaurant staff take great pride in the fresh food they prepare each day, so I will be sure to pass your kind words onto them.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of your room, and I appreciate your comments regarding the shower and floor- we will look into correcting those before your next visit. I am surprised to hear you didn't receive the usual warm West Country welcome we offer our guests and we will investigate what went wrong on that particular day.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Don’t forget to book direct for the best rates and available offers, either through our website or by calling the hotel.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Heating not working. Slept with coats over us for 4 nights. Inadequate room provided against hotel policy.3 elderly adults squeezed into Room 19 which they say was a family room. We could not move. (Nothing like photos on web). No wardrobe or drawers for clothes. Everything kept in our suitcases. Toiletries on floor in bathroom. Health & safety very poor e.g. 2 settees and stack of tables outside bedroom door, no safety handles on bath or wall. No bathroom heating. Very few hand rails - lots of steps. lead on small portable heater dangerous.
Kettle on shelf nearly out of reach. No table service Had to buy our drinks at the bar downstairs and take to dining room table. Had to go downstairs to another room for our coffee - if any left. Nothing every replenished. Spills on breakfast tables never cleared. Festive decoration very sparse. No entertainment except a singer
Boxing night. Noone ever at reception. This was Christmas,- you would never had known. All in all a total disaster. never again. Very poor management.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Patricia M

Thank you for your review. However, I would like to take this opportunity, and to reiterate the previous correspondence between the hotel and the operator with whom your Christmas Break was booked with.

The operator was informed on numerous occasions, prior to arrival, that the hotel was unable to offer a triple room for adult only use, however, on or prior to your arrival this information had not been passed on to yourself. The management of the hotel did explain this at the time and would have certainly made alternative sleeping arrangements, should you have wished. I am very sorry that your decision for all guests to remain in a triple family room, designed for a maximum of 2 adults and one young child did have such a detrimental impact on your overall experience of the hotel.

The hotel is an extremely popular Christmas Break destination, being located on the outskirts of Bath and within easy reach of the areas many historical and popular attractions. We have received many positive comments from guests who have enjoyed the hotel over the festive period. I am sincerely sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay.

I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again, so that you may experience the standards and service that so many of our guests have previously.

Regards