2,617 results
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea central location classic room nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in this beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly during check in. The concierge was very helpful and was able to book a popular restaurant in town for the same evening. The room was very spacious and beautifully decorated. The Nespresso in the room was a nice touch which was enjoyed each day. The bed was very comfortable and welcoming, especially after long days of touring Bath's highlights. Breakfast was also very good, offering different hot dish choices along with a continental buffet. We also enjoyed a late afternoon cocktail in the beautiful lounge area near the lobby. The cocktail list was unique and offered many options. The location of the hotel is perfect as you can walk easily to all of the highlights within this beautiful city. I highly recommend the Francis Hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank wittgrad22
FrancisBath, Interim General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear wittgrad22

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback following your say with us. I do hope it won’t be too long before your next visit to bath.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

We stayed here for a valentines package break and could not fault it, had an excellent spacious room which was very well appointed, I would have guessed it had not long been refurbished. Lovely evening meal and breakfast also included.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulN34
FrancisBath, Interim General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear PaulN34

Thank you for sending in a review following your Valentine’s break with us earlier in the year. I am delighted you had and enjoyable time.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regard
Peter Bartlett – Interim General Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of August and loved it immediately. The hotel is fabulously located in the city centre but still remains peaceful. It was a 10 minute stroll to the baths and abbey and, perhaps, 15 minutes gentle walk to the Royal Crescent. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the public areas comfortable and nicely decorated. It had a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. The room itself was spacious with a huge bed and nice seating area. The bathroom was well presented and had lovely toiletries. The only slight irritation is having to pay £15/day parking which is the residents rate. However, this is cheaper than street parking and certainly wasn't enough to put a dent in my opinions. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are great but if you wanted to make it a really special stay, it's probably worth upgrading.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
FrancisBath, Interim General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear LaurieSwan

Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments; I am so pleased you had such a good time with us.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Staff at the Francis were VERY good, polite and friendly. We stayed in a standard double August 15th. The first room we were give (228) was horrendous ! the view from the window was straight at a wall, the room was painted (very recently because it still smelt of paint) in a awful dark grey. The concierge immediately realised that the smell was over powering and suggested we move rooms.
The second room we were given (321) wasn't much better, ok if you were a hobbit I suppose, although I'm only 5.2 and the bath was to short for me! Room was so small, and again painted such a dark blue, very depressing room all around. This room cost £245 for one night with no breakfast included. Way over priced for the room we were in.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard double.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSJMUD

Dear SSJMUD

Thank you for sending in your feedback about your recent visit; I’m pleased that you found the staff to be friendly; I will make sure this is passed on to all.

I am sorry, however, that you weren’t happy with the rooms that you were shown; this is disappointing. Should you come back to Bath in the future try calling the Hotel; we often have good rates on offer midweek.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We enjoyed staying at the Francis. It is right in the heart of Bath midway between the Baths and Royal Crescent, in walking distance to both attractions, nearby lots of shops, pubs and restaurants. We had two rooms, a Signature room on the top floor and a Superior Twin on the 2nd floor. Both rooms were spacious with sitting areas and attractively decorated in a Regency style.
The breakfast was excellent and was included in our room rate. When I was booking I noticed some online booking sites included breakfast while others did not, so book carefully. On Sunday the breakfast is all buffet, while on Monday they offered a cold buffet with the option to order hot items from the menu. I preferred to order off the menu as it offered more variety than the traditional English fry.
After visiting the Roman Baths and Abbey I was happy that our hotel was not in this area as it is overrun with tourists, at least on weekends in August. The hotel is located across from a small park. If you are noise sensitive you might want to ask for a room that is not in the front of the hotel. On Saturday night there were people hanging out in the park until around 2am and the noise traveled up to our room which was located in the front of the hotel. Also, the hotel is located directly on the street and there is nowhere to pull off to unload bags without having your car in the road. On Saturday when we arrived the lot behind the hotel was full and we had to stop in front of the hotel and go inside to ask for help with the luggage. I am surprised that the hotel doesn't have a doorman stationed in front of the hotel to help with unloading luggage quickly, at least during busy times.

Room Tip: The included wifi was very fast and did not limit the number of devices.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
FrancisBath, Interim General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Dear Decormom

Thank you very much for sending in your detailed review following your stay; I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We do offer a buffet style Full English Breakfast when the Hotel is full in order assist the flow of the service for the guests; however, the A La Carte menu is still available in addition to the buffet.

When guests arrive in Bath by car we ask them to pull up outside the hotel and the Concierge will come out to welcome the guest and to pick up luggage and park the car, if there is space, alternatively, advise how to get to the long stay car park on the opposite side of The Square, should we be full. If the Concierge team didn’t come straight out they must have been assisting a guest by parking their car or taking their luggage to the room. I am sorry if this was the case when you arrived, we do like to make the welcome a pleasant one.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Francis at some time in the future.