“Quality at a reasonable price”

De Gustibus Italian Delights
Ranked #29 of 637 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Description: Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity, especially between the North and the South of the Peninsula. Our chef relies chiefly on the quality of authentic ingredients and on the contemporary cooking methods he is so passionate about. The character and atmosphere of De Gustibus Italian Delights is elegant and charming whilst at the same time friendly, warm and comfortable.
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We enjoyed our lunch in the Gustibus in Bath. The fried dryed dried cod was delicious and friendly serviced by Luciano. Dirk and Chris

1  Thank Dirk D

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

In my opinion this is a “meh” kind of place and Bath has loads of better options. We had a decent starter but the mains were lacking taste and/or quantity; you need one or the other really.

The ambiance was lacking and the bill was about 10-20% over what I think the experience is worth.

Won’t be going back and wouldn’t recommend.

1  Thank simmchr
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I feel like I had gone to heaven, delicious food and such good service. Small portions, presented well but with such big flavour.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I decided to go here for Friday night dinner. It held so much promise but to be honest we were quite disappointed. We ordered the king prawn pasta and the lamb. Both were small portions (waiter should have suggested sides for the lamb) and I was shocked I had 3 king prawn heads but the equivalent of one prawn finely chopped up in the pasta. Both tasted very good but service was slow, they didn’t make us feel welcome and it would have helped knowing what size to expect as we were starving. Had the Tiramisu, sorry was not a fan but the cheese board was good.

1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I cannot rave enough about this wonderful Italian restaurant. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with friendly smiles. Started off with the chick peas soup, cod with artichoke sauce and the selection of salamis. All were delightful. The wine selection was also wonderful. For the main courses we had the thimble shaped pasta with mussels, porcini mushroom risotto and the grilled fish with ginger lime purée and green chicory with bean purée as a side. They were amazing, it felt like I was in Italy. Wine selections were also fantastic. For dessert we had the tiramisu and panna cotta. An anniversary writing was a nice touch. The way the dishes were presented and the service was outstanding. This was truly an amazing dining experience and great ambiance. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Santchef